5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- During bacterial infection of meningitis...
- Organisms that cause Systemic mycoses
- West Nile poliomyelitis
- enteric fever
- a inflamation of spinal cord
- b rapid increase in granulocytes and proteins- CSF becomes trubid
- c histoplasmosis capsulatum, Penicilliosis marneffei, Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, Coccidioides immitis
- d Yersinia pestis- bubonic- swelling in lymph nodes, spetic
- e parathyphoid fever- milder
5 Multiple choice questions
- poliovirus- non enveloped ssRNA-
- 'seatworm'- enterobius vermicularus-nematode rectum-most common worm infection in US.
- H. influenza, gram neg, coccobacillus, normal flora of throat-can enter blood stream cause pneumonia, otis media, epiglotidis, meningitis-Resp droplet- IV antibiotics & steroids- 6 serotypes by their capsular polysaccharide.
- Capsulated strain b= Hib
5 True/False questions
risk factors for periodontal disease → bulls eye rash, fever, and fatigue, headaches, stiff neck, muscle pain
Prion disease → candida albicans- flora- illness and medications cause change- antibiotic, birth control and steroids, diabetes, HIV and cancer
enteroaggregative E. coli (EAggEC) → produces enterotoxins
enterotoxic E. coli(ETEC) → diarrhea- produce toxins- fimbrae
Treatment for Adenaviridae → Ribavirun