5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- C. tetani
- septic shock
- most common cause of foodborne illness
- a produces neuro toxin(exotoxin)- gram + rod anaerobic spore- toxins are what spreads it.
- b bacteria and toxins
- c middle
- d from hypotension- loss of apetite, fever, chills, lethargic, accelerated breathing and heart rate
- e membrane around heart- bacteria, virus and rarely fungi= pericarditis
5 Multiple choice questions
- 2nd most common site of infection
- most common, lock jaw, stiff neck, diff. swallowing, calf and pectoral spasms
- cryptosporidium- fecal-oral route- uncooked meat- water- resistant to chlorine (swimming pools)- most common water born in US.
- viral infections in heart muscle= myocarditis
- white gangrene-bleaching
5 True/False questions
brain and spinal cord are covered w? → Rickettsia rickettsii- ticks- rash, fever, vomit, joints, diarrhea,
Haemophilus influenzae meningitis → H. influenza, gram neg, coccobacillus, normal flora of throat-can enter blood stream cause pneumonia, otis media, epiglotidis, meningitis-Resp droplet- IV antibiotics & steroids- 6 serotypes by their capsular polysaccharide.
stage 1 of Lyme disease → Bartonela henselae- aerobic, gram neg rod- saliva or scratch, blister at site, lymph node swell, fever, malase, headache, fever
duramatter → inner
pneumonicocci can also cause? → + sense, ssRNA group iv- winter animals, and malaise 5 days