5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Authoritarian parenting
- Preferential looking
- Authoritative parenting
- a An infant is repeatedly shown a picture of his mother's face and a picture of geometric shapes. Each time, the infant tends to gaze at the picture of his mother's face. This finding is an example of____
- b A parenting style that encourages the child to be independent but that still places limits and controls on behavior.
- c A period of rapid skeletal and sexual maturation that occurs mainly in early adolescence.
- d In which of Piage's stages does object permanence happen?
- e A restrictive, punitive style in which the parenst exhorts the child to follow the parent's directions and to value hard work and effort.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The pattern of continuity and change in human capabilities that occurs throughout life, involving both growth and decline.
- Expert knowledge about the practical aspects of life.
- Which parenting style is generally associated with the best child outcomes?
- Decreased responsiveness to a stimulus after repeated presentations
- A parenting style characterized by a lack of parental involvement in the child's life.
5 True/False questions
Gender roles → Roles that reflect the individual's expectations for how females and males should think, act, and feel.
Crystallized intelligence → A person's knowledge of the working of automobiles is an example of
A full-term infant → If a parent insturcts a child to do something because "I said so," this would be an example of an _____parenting style
reflex → The new born infant's grasping is an example of
Sensorimotor stage → Piage's first stage of cognitive development, lasting from birth to about 2 years of age, during which infants construct an understanding of the world by coordinating sensory experiences with motor (Physical) actions.