5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Concrete operational stage
- Emerging adulthood
- The monkeys preferred the cloth mother, even when the wire mother provided food.
- a Making decisions about right and wrong based on punishments or rewards is consistent with which level of moral reasoning?
- b The transitional period from adolescence to adulthood, spanning approximately 18-25 years of age.
- c Piaget's third stage of cognitive development, lasting from about 7-11 years of age, during which the individual uses operations and replaces intuitive reasoning with logical reasoning in concrete situations.
- d If a parent insturcts a child to do something because "I said so," this would be an example of an _____parenting style
- e Harry Harlow studied monkeys who were raised with 2 "mothers," one make of wire and one of terry cloth. What did he find?
5 Multiple choice questions
- In which of Piage's stages does object permanence happen?
- Piaget's fourth stage of cognitive development, which begins at age 11-15 and continues throughout the adulthood; it features thinking about things that are not concrete, making predictions, and using logic to some up with hypotheses about thee future.
- Erikson's stage of Autonomy vs. Shame occurs during which ages
- A research technique that involves giving an infant a choice of what object to look at.
5 True/False questions
Piaget → Expert knowledge about the practical aspects of life.
Identity vs. Identity Confusion → Which socioemotional development stages occurs in adolescence?
Preferential looking → Making decisions about right and wrong based on punishments or rewards is consistent with which level of moral reasoning?
Androgen → An individual's biological inheritance, especially his or her genes
Permissive parenting → A parenting style characterized by the placement of few limits on the child's behavior.