5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Gender roles
- Preferential looking
- Sensorimotor stage
- a An infant is repeatedly shown a picture of his mother's face and a picture of geometric shapes. Each time, the infant tends to gaze at the picture of his mother's face. This finding is an example of____
- b Many people feel that only girls should play with dolls. This is an example of____
- c If a parent insturcts a child to do something because "I said so," this would be an example of an _____parenting style
- d An individual's incorporation of new information into existing knowledge.
- e Piage's first stage of cognitive development, lasting from birth to about 2 years of age, during which infants construct an understanding of the world by coordinating sensory experiences with motor (Physical) actions.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A parenting style characterized by the placement of few limits on the child's behavior.
- Which parenting style is generally associated with the best child outcomes?
- The new born infant's grasping is an example of
- The ways that infants use their caregiver, usually their mother, as a secure base from which to explore the environment.
- Erikson's stage of Autonomy vs. Shame occurs during which ages
5 True/False Questions
Two months → In the development of a human when does the fetal period start?
Cellular-clock theory → In which of Piage's stages does object permanence happen?
Infant attachment → The close emotional bond between an infant and its caregiver.
The amygala and the prefrontal cortex → Piaget's fourth stage of cognitive development, which begins at age 11-15 and continues throughout the adulthood; it features thinking about things that are not concrete, making predictions, and using logic to some up with hypotheses about thee future.
Concrete operational stage → Piaget's fourth stage of cognitive development, which begins at age 11-15 and continues throughout the adulthood; it features thinking about things that are not concrete, making predictions, and using logic to some up with hypotheses about thee future.