5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The science that deals with the study of heridity is _____________.
- Alternate forms of a gene are called _____________.
- What describes the allele that causes color blindness?
- What term describes the inyheritance of cystic fibrosis?
the two aleles for an organism are different (Tt or Nn). This is also known as Hybrid.
- b genetics
- c it is carried on the X chromosome
- d recessive genes
- e alleles
5 Multiple choice questions
- Punnett Square
- Gregor Mendel
- when a gene undergoes a change that results in a trait that is expressed differently
- when either too many chromosomes or too few chromosomes are inherited by an offspring
5 True/False questions
What controls traits in organisms? → genes
sex-linked gene → some allele are on the sex chromosomes like color-blindness, which is sexlinked on the X chromosome.
phenotype → The physical trait that shows as a result of a genotype. (TT = tall; Tt = tall; tt = short; YY = yellow; yy = white))
homozygous → the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..
Punnett Square → an organism that always produces the same traits in its offspring