5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________.
- What describes the allele that causes color blindness?
- dominant factor
- The outward appearance of a trait is a ______________.
- gender determination
- a a factor that covers up a recessive factor; tall is dominant to short
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
- c phenotype
- d it is carried on the X chromosome
- e genes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
The physical trait that shows as a result of a genotype. (TT = tall; Tt = tall; tt = short; YY = yellow; yy = white))
- chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
- a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
- the different forms of a gene
5 True/False Questions
the two aleles for an organism are different (Tt or Nn). This is also known as Hybrid.
genetics → the genetic make-up of an organism
What controls traits in organisms? → genes
Red-green color blindness is a numan genetic disorder caused by a ____________. → alleles
genetic engineering → replacing abnormal genetic material with normal genetic material