5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alternate forms of a gene are called _____________.
- genetic engineering
- Who is the "Father of Genetics"?
- What describes the allele that causes color blindness?
- a Gregor Mendel
- b it is carried on the X chromosome
- c it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family
- d alleles
- e experimenting with biological and chemical methods to change the arrangement of DNA that makes up a gene
5 Multiple choice questions
- the genetic make-up of an organism
- sex-linked gene
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
- a factor that covers up a recessive factor; tall is dominant to short
5 True/False questions
recessive genetic disorders → these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
gene transfer → the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
genetics → the genetic make-up of an organism
purebred → an organism that always produces the same traits in its offspring
Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________. → genes