5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The moving of fragments of DNA from one organism and inserting them into another organism is ____________.
- Punnett Square
- Gregor Mendel
- recessive factor
- a a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
- c genetic engineering
- d the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..
- e a handy chart that predicts genetic results
5 Multiple choice questions
- inserting a useful segment of DNA from one organism into a bacterium; an example is the production of growth hormone to treat dwarfism and chemicals to treat cancer
- the different forms of a gene
5 True/False questions
Who is the "Father of Genetics"? → chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances
incomplete dominance → inserting a useful segment of DNA from one organism into a bacterium; an example is the production of growth hormone to treat dwarfism and chemicals to treat cancer
Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________. → genes
What describes the allele that causes color blindness? → it is carried on the X chromosome
pedigree → it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family