5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- recessive genetic disorders
- dominant factor
- Gregor Mendel
- What describes the allele that causes color blindness?
- sex-linked gene
- a these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
- b some allele are on the sex chromosomes like color-blindness, which is sexlinked on the X chromosome.
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
- d it is carried on the X chromosome
- e a factor that covers up a recessive factor; tall is dominant to short
5 Multiple choice questions
- it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family
- the phenotype resulting in a "blended" result; red and white flowers producing a PINK flower, not just only red or white flowers.
- recessive genes
the two aleles for an organism are different (Tt or Nn). This is also known as Hybrid.
5 True/False questions
Red-green color blindness is a numan genetic disorder caused by a ____________. → sex-linked gene
Alternate forms of a gene are called _____________. → alleles
alleles → the different forms of a gene
recessive factor → a factor that covers up a recessive factor; tall is dominant to short
genetic engineering → experimenting with biological and chemical methods to change the arrangement of DNA that makes up a gene