5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The science that deals with the study of heridity is _____________.
- sex-linked gene
- Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________.
- some causes of mutations
- a genetics
The physical trait that shows as a result of a genotype. (TT = tall; Tt = tall; tt = short; YY = yellow; yy = white))
- c chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances
- d some allele are on the sex chromosomes like color-blindness, which is sexlinked on the X chromosome.
- e genes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
- replacing abnormal genetic material with normal genetic material
- sex-linked gene
- these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
- experimenting with biological and chemical methods to change the arrangement of DNA that makes up a gene
5 True/False Questions
heredity → the passing of traits from parents to offspring
heterozygous → the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..
recessive factor → a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
gender determination →
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
pedigree → it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family