5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What describes the allele that causes color blindness?
- Gregor Mendel
- gender determination
- chromosome disorder
- a it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family
- b it is carried on the X chromosome
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
- d when either too many chromosomes or too few chromosomes are inherited by an offspring
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
5 Multiple choice questions
- the phenotype resulting in a "blended" result; red and white flowers producing a PINK flower, not just only red or white flowers.
- experimenting with biological and chemical methods to change the arrangement of DNA that makes up a gene
- a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
- the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
5 True/False questions
Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________. → alleles
gene transfer → the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
recessive genetic disorders → these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
sex-linked gene → it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family
purebred → it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family