5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- some causes of mutations
- incomplete dominance
- Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________.
- gender determination
- a genes
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
- c chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances
- d the genetic make-up of an organism
- e the phenotype resulting in a "blended" result; red and white flowers producing a PINK flower, not just only red or white flowers.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the passing of traits from parents to offspring
- Gregor Mendel
- inserting a useful segment of DNA from one organism into a bacterium; an example is the production of growth hormone to treat dwarfism and chemicals to treat cancer
5 True/False Questions
Punnett Square → the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
recessive genetic disorders → a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
homozygous → the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..
recessive factor → a factor that covers up a recessive factor; tall is dominant to short
What term describes the inyheritance of cystic fibrosis? → recessive genes