5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Red-green color blindness is a numan genetic disorder caused by a ____________.
- recessive genetic disorders
- Who is the "Father of Genetics"?
- sex-linked gene
- a these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
the two aleles for an organism are different (Tt or Nn). This is also known as Hybrid.
- c sex-linked gene
- d Gregor Mendel
- e some allele are on the sex chromosomes like color-blindness, which is sexlinked on the X chromosome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- experimenting with biological and chemical methods to change the arrangement of DNA that makes up a gene
- a handy chart that predicts genetic results
- the phenotype resulting in a "blended" result; red and white flowers producing a PINK flower, not just only red or white flowers.
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
5 True/False questions
recombinant DNA → a factor that covers up a recessive factor; tall is dominant to short
genetics → the genetic make-up of an organism
The outward appearance of a trait is a ______________. → alleles
purebred → an organism that always produces the same traits in its offspring
genotype → The physical trait that shows as a result of a genotype. (TT = tall; Tt = tall; tt = short; YY = yellow; yy = white))