5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Alternate forms of a gene are called _____________.
- What term describes the inyheritance of cystic fibrosis?
- a alleles
The physical trait that shows as a result of a genotype. (TT = tall; Tt = tall; tt = short; YY = yellow; yy = white))
- c recessive genes
- d when a gene undergoes a change that results in a trait that is expressed differently
- e the passing of traits from parents to offspring
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances
- inserting a useful segment of DNA from one organism into a bacterium; an example is the production of growth hormone to treat dwarfism and chemicals to treat cancer
the two aleles for an organism are different (Tt or Nn). This is also known as Hybrid.
5 True/False Questions
The actual combination of alleles of an organism is its ________________. → genotype
The moving of fragments of DNA from one organism and inserting them into another organism is ____________. → heredity
Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________. → genes
Red-green color blindness is a numan genetic disorder caused by a ____________. → alleles
genetic engineering → replacing abnormal genetic material with normal genetic material