5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- easily compressible
expand to fill any container
exert pressure on their containers
behave ideally at low pressures and high temperatures
- Henry's Law
- a The measure of a liquid's resistance to flow is called?
- b what are the 6 properties of gasses?
- c What law states that the number of moles of gas dissolved in a liquid at a given temperature is proportional to the pressure of that gas in the atmosphere that is in contact with the liquid
- d (T or F) Solids are incompressible
- e 1 atm= ____ mmHg
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process of conversion of liquid to gas at a temperature too low to boil
- What depends on the strength of attractive forces between particles (melting point, temperature, Kinetic energy or state)
- Molecules that have hydrogen bonding must be directly bonded to _, _, or _.
- ________________ is the amount of solute dissolved in a given amount of solution
- which law states "the volume of gas varies inversely with the pressure exerted by the gas if the number of moles and the temperature of the gas are held constant
5 True/False Questions
Tyndall Effect → The light-scattering ability of colloidal suspensions is called the _____________
True → (T or F) If a Saturated solution is cooled down, the amount of solute that the solution can hold decreases
Sublimation of Solid → what is the name of the process where the conversion of molecules in the solid state go directly to the molecules in the gaseous state
True solution → A homogenous mixture of two or more substances is called a _________?
water → In the ideal gas law, pressure must be measured in what units?