6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A funnel shaped cloud of violently rotating air that extends downwards from large thunder storms to contact the surface of the earth.
- With respect to natural hazards refers to the number of people killed, injured, dislocated, made homeless or otherwise damaged by a hazardous event.
- Comprehensive term for earth materials moving down a slope
- A period of months of more commonly years of unusually dry weather.
- The product of the probability of an event occuring and the consequences should that event occur.
- Extrusion at the surface of earth of molten rock (magma). Maybe be explosive and violent or less enegetic lava flows.
5 True/False questions
natural hazard → Generation of earthquake or seismic waves when rocks under stress fracture and break resulting in displacement along a fault.
wildfire → Comprehensive term for earth materials moving down a slope
catastrophe → A situation of event that causes sufficient damage to people, property or society from which recovery is a long and involved process. Also is defined as a serious disaster.
disaster → The product of the probability of an event occuring and the consequences should that event occur.
tsunami → A series of large ocean waves produced after the ocean water is suddenly disturbed vertically by processes such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, submarine landslides, or the impact of an asteroid or comet.