6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- enzymes which recognize a specific short sequence of nucleotides (the target sequence) on a strand of DNA and cut the strand at a particular point within that sequence
- can be used to generate a DNA fingerprint.
- sampling of cells from the chorion to test for genetic conditions in a fetus. The cells are grown in a special medium after which a karotype can be used to make a diagnosis.
- _______________ is being tested as one way to reverse some of the effects of genetic disorders
- ____________ can be used to determine some genetic conditions and disorders
5 True/False questions
Cloning → a process in which an identical copy of an organism or part of an organism that has the same genetic make-up, such as the offspring of asexual reproduction, a general term for the research activity that creates a copy of some biological entity (a gene or organism or cell)
Recombinant DNA → segments of DNA from two different species that are joined in a laboratory to form a single molecule of DNA
Fetoscopy → Genetically modified organisms
GMOs → Genetically modified foods
GMFs → Genetically modified foods