6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- any characteristic that provides information about an organism's genome
- ____________ can be used to determine some genetic conditions and disorders
- enzymes which recognize a specific short sequence of nucleotides (the target sequence) on a strand of DNA and cut the strand at a particular point within that sequence
- sampling of cells from the chorion to test for genetic conditions in a fetus. The cells are grown in a special medium after which a karotype can be used to make a diagnosis.
- can be used to generate a DNA fingerprint.
5 True/False Questions
Gene therapy → enables direct observation of the fetus through an endoscope to allow medical professionals to safely perform various procedures directly inside the womb
Human Genome Project → Determined the sequence of three billion base pairs that make up the human genome
Cloning → a process in which an identical copy of an organism or part of an organism that has the same genetic make-up, such as the offspring of asexual reproduction, a general term for the research activity that creates a copy of some biological entity (a gene or organism or cell)
Polymerase Chain Reaction → _______________ is being tested as one way to reverse some of the effects of genetic disorders
Recombinant DNA → segments of DNA from two different species that are joined in a laboratory to form a single molecule of DNA