← DNA / Genetics Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An enzyme that transcribes a DNA sequence, creating messenger RNA that travels to the ribosomes.
- a building block of DNA or RNA. It includes one base, one phosphate molecule, and one sugar molecule (deoxyribose in DNA, ribose in RNA)
- The type of cell division that creates egg and sperm cells
- Abbreviation for ribonucleic acid, the molecule that carries out DNA's instructions for making proteins. Bases include adenine, guanine, cytosine, and uracil.
- Hybrid DNA produced in the laboratory by joining pieces of DNA from different sources
5 True/False Questions
translation → second step of gene expression in which the instructions encoded in RNA are carried out by making a protein or starting or stopping protein synthesis
genome → all of an organisms genetic material
mitosis → The type of cell division that creates egg and sperm cells
ribosome → A cellular structure containing genes. They are composed of DNA and proteins. Humans have 23 pairs - one of each pair from the mother and the other from the father.
transcription → the first major step in gene expression - information coded in DNA is copied into a molecule of RNA.