5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- _____stores oxygen in muscle cells
- Which of the following is not a connective tissue sheath that wraps individual muscle fibers?
- Myasthenia gravis is sontimes treated medically by a treatment that involves
- the smallest contractile unit of a muscle fiber.
- In a neuromuscular junction, synaptic vesicles in the motor neuron contain which neurotransmitter?
A) acetylcholine (ACh)
- a aponeurosis
- b inhibiting the action of acetylcholinesterase
- c A) acetylcholine
- d sarcomere
- e myoglobin
5 Multiple choice questions
- diffusion of Ca2+ into the axonal terminus
- stretching of the muscle
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is the smallest structural unit in which the distinctive striated bands characteristic of skeletal muscle are observed? → D) skeletal muscle: voluntary control
Which of the choices below does not describe how excess postexercise oxygen consumption (oxygen deficit) restores metabolic conditions?
A) converts lactic acid back into glycogen stores in the liver
B) resynthesizes creatine phosphate and ATP in muscle fibers
C) replaces the oxygen removed from myoglobin
D) increases the level of lactic acid in the muscle → C
What means of membrane transport is used to release the neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft? → Exocytosis
The binding of calcium to which molecule causes the myosin binding sites to be exposed?
(This is a regulatory molecule) → Troponin
The first step toward generating a skeletal muscle contraction is ________.
A) binding of the myosin heads to actin
B) a rise in intracellular Ca2+ levels
C) binding of ATP to the myosin heads
D) stimulation of the muscle by a nerve ending → D