5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the functional unit of a skeletal muscle called?
- Which type of muscle CANNOT contract without being stimulated by the nervous system?
- What specific neurotransmitter is released from the axonal terminus via exocytosis
- Which muscle characteristic describes the ability of muscle to respond to a stimulus?
- A fascicle is an organized group of muscle fibers bounded by a ______.
- a D) excitability
- b sarcomere
- c A) skeletal
- d acetylcholine
- e perimysium
5 Multiple choice questions
- diffusion of Ca2+ into the axonal terminus
- C) produce blood cells
5 True/False questions
The end of the muscle that typically moves when a muscle contracts is called the ________. → insertion
The force of muscle contraction is controlled by multiple motor unit summation or recruitment. → true
Immediately following the arrival of the stimulus at a skeletal muscle cell there is a short period called the ________ period during which the neurotransmitter is released by exocytosis, diffuses across the synaptic cleft, and binds to its receptors. → Latent
Myasthenia gravis is sontimes treated medically by a treatment that involves → thick myofilaments
Excitation-contraction coupling includes all EXCEPT which of the following events?
A) release of acetylcholine from axon terminals at the neuromuscular junction
B) binding of calcium ions to troponin, which removes the blocking action of tropomyosin
C) release of calcium ions from the terminal cisterns
D) propagation of an action potential along the sarcolemma and down T tubules → A