6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
- occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
- The end of a long bone, attached to the shaft
- process of removing a small sample of bone marrow from a selected site with a needle for the purpose of examining the specimen under a microscope
- dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
6 True/False Questions
yellow bone marrow → gradually replaces red bone marrow in adult bones, functions as storage for fat tissue and is inactive in formation of blood cells
osteoporosis → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
bone scan → an abnormal inward (forward) curvature of the vertebral column, aka swayback.
open fracture → a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone
complete fracture → occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
lordosis → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine