6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
- aka soft spots- is a space between bones of an infant's cranium that is covered by a tough membrane
- a fracture in which only one side of the shaft is broken, and the other is bent
- predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
- AKA "OSTEOSARCOMA" - The most common malignant bone tumor, with common sites being the distal femur, proximal tibia & the proximal humerus
- where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.
6 True/False questions
osteomalacia → abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
yellow bone marrow → where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.
epiphysis → The end of a long bone, attached to the shaft
bone marrow aspiration → process of removing a small sample of bone marrow from a selected site with a needle for the purpose of examining the specimen under a microscope
talipes → clubfoot
open fracture → a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone