6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- aka soft spots- is a space between bones of an infant's cranium that is covered by a tough membrane
- predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
- where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.
- compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
- abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
- occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
6 True/False questions
yellow bone marrow → gradually replaces red bone marrow in adult bones, functions as storage for fat tissue and is inactive in formation of blood cells
greenstick fracture → compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
bone scan → procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device
talipes → clubfoot
lordosis → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
scoliosis → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine