← Skeletal Quiz Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone
- process of removing a small sample of bone marrow from a selected site with a needle for the purpose of examining the specimen under a microscope
- The end of a long bone, attached to the shaft
- compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
- AKA "OSTEOSARCOMA" - The most common malignant bone tumor, with common sites being the distal femur, proximal tibia & the proximal humerus
- occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
6 True/False Questions
osteoporosis → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
bone scan → dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
talipes → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
osteomalacia → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
red marrow → where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.
yellow bone marrow → gradually replaces red bone marrow in adult bones, functions as storage for fat tissue and is inactive in formation of blood cells