6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a fracture in which only one side of the shaft is broken, and the other is bent
- procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device
- occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
- The end of a long bone, attached to the shaft
- AKA "OSTEOSARCOMA" - The most common malignant bone tumor, with common sites being the distal femur, proximal tibia & the proximal humerus
- abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
6 True/False Questions
osteomalacia → abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
bone marrow aspiration → process of removing a small sample of bone marrow from a selected site with a needle for the purpose of examining the specimen under a microscope
complete fracture → a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone
open fracture → compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
lordosis → an abnormal inward (forward) curvature of the vertebral column, aka swayback.
yellow bone marrow → where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.