6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The river was a sparkling diamond in the sunshine.
- Consists of hook, thesis, and three main points.
- The sentence that grabs the reader's attention
- The boy whooshed down the hill when he was skiing.
- Everything is O.K.
- The dog was so ugly, he didn't need to wear a mask for Halloween.
6 True/False questions
personification → The trees were dancing as the wind blew through the branches.
Organization → The trees were dancing as the wind blew through the branches.
Sentence Fluency → Final paragraph of the essay.
Voice → Sounds like me
Alliteration → Repetition of initial consonant sounds (Peter Piper Picked a Peck...)
Word Choice → Describing words for what I see, hear, smell, taste, and feel.