5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- small administrative units, they had provincial governors, these governors only had civil and administrative power b/c of distributed power
- historian, wrote 124 books, Romes history up to the Empire, Republican virtue
- military commanders, tried to seize rule, by fighting the barbarians, they kept the empire alive
- triumphed over 4 others and made his position as emperor, controled the eastern empire, he set up his sons as his successors,Flavian, admits its a monarchy
- JC's first follower, he was the leader of a sect w/in Judaism, adds baptism and lord's supper, he's still a traditionalist
- a Vespasian
- b Peter
- c dioceses
- d Livy
- e barracks emperors
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Roma et Augustus
- Constitutional Monarchy
- tribunica potestas
5 True/False Questions
imperial bodyguard, killed many emperors, loyalty is an issue, someone to do the dirty work → Praetorian Guard
He preached women and outcasts when he's not supposed to → WHy was Jesus a popular agitator ?
Diocletian, east and west empire, 1 Caesar each , 2 prefectures each, dioceses → tetrarchy
carpenter, "man of peace", jewish, he didn't preach against Rome, preaches about salvation in afterlife → WHy was Jesus a popular agitator ?
wrote the aneid, wrote about Rome's simplicity → WHy was Jesus a popular agitator ?