5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mixed Nerve
- Microglial Cells
- a a bundle of nerve processes
- b Phagocytize and destroy microorganisms, foreign matter, and dead nervous tissue
- c The interior surface fo the membrane becomes less negative and the exterior surface becomes less positive
- d K+ moves out of the cell causing the membrane potential to move in a negative direction.
- e nerves carrying both sensory and motor fibers
5 Multiple choice questions
- junction or point of close contact between neurons
- site of the nucleus and most important metabolic area
- essentially rough endoplasmic reticulum, important metabolically
- Difference in electrical charge across the plasma membrane. The membrane would be POLARIZED.
- What is the resting membrane potential in a human?
5 True/False questions
Perineurium → binds groups of fibers together to form bundles
Afferent Neurons → a neuron that conducts impulses away form the CNS to muscles and glands; motor neurons
deep pressure, cold temperature → Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.
Interneuron → neuron serving as part of the conduction pathway between sensory and motor neurons; association neurons
Axon Hillock → region of the cell body from which the axon generates