5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neuronal Cell Body
- Conduction Velocity
- -70 mv
- Bipolar Neuron
- a site of the nucleus and most important metabolic area
- b one axon and one dendrite
- c What is the name of the velocity of the action potential along a neural membrane?
- d the ability to transmit an impulse
- e What is the resting membrane potential of a frog?
5 Multiple choice questions
- insulates the nerve fibers
- What is the relationship between myelination and size and conduction velocity?
- Form the supportive framework for the nervous tissue; contact and stimulate blood capillaries; convert blood glucose; secret proteins; regulate chemical composition of tissue fluid
- Form the myelin in the brain and spinal cord
- Phagocytize and destroy microorganisms, foreign matter, and dead nervous tissue
5 True/False questions
Repolarization → The interior surface fo the membrane becomes less negative and the exterior surface becomes less positive
Synapse → junction or point of close contact between neurons
Nuclei → a bundle of nerve processes
Threshold Stimulus → Another name for the action potential in neurons.
Satellite Cells → the PNS glial cell that forms myelin