5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neuronal Cell Body
- a site of the nucleus and most important metabolic area
- b neuron serving as part of the conduction pathway between sensory and motor neurons; association neurons
- c What toxin blocks synaptic transmission by preventing the flow of neural impulses from neuron to neuron?
- d surrounds each nerve fiber
- e a cordlike organ of the PNS composed of multiple nerve fibers ensheathed in connective tissue
5 Multiple choice questions
- the PNS glial cell that forms myelin
- Another name for the action potential in neurons.
- binds all of the fascicles together
- What is the relationship between myelination and size and conduction velocity?
- impulse generator and transmitter
5 True/False questions
Oligodendrocytes → Form the supportive framework for the nervous tissue; contact and stimulate blood capillaries; convert blood glucose; secret proteins; regulate chemical composition of tissue fluid
Neuroglia → specialized supporting cells in the CNS
Relative Refractory period → What period is it when the sodium ion channels are open, the membrane is totally insensitive to additional stimuli, regardless of the force of the stimulus?
Synapse → a cordlike organ of the PNS composed of multiple nerve fibers ensheathed in connective tissue
deep pressure, cold temperature → Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.