5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Absolute Refractory Period
- Mixed Nerve
- Multipolar Neuron
- a What period is it when the sodium ion channels are open, the membrane is totally insensitive to additional stimuli, regardless of the force of the stimulus?
- b one axon and multiple dendrites; efferent neurons and interneurons are multipolar
- c impulse generator and transmitter
- d Form the supportive framework for the nervous tissue; contact and stimulate blood capillaries; convert blood glucose; secret proteins; regulate chemical composition of tissue fluid
- e nerves carrying both sensory and motor fibers
5 Multiple choice questions
- The cumulation of action potential of all neurons in a nerve
- What toxin blocks synaptic transmission by preventing the flow of neural impulses from neuron to neuron?
- region of the cell body from which the axon generates
- collection of nerve cell bodies found outside the CNS
- a chemical released at the distal end of an axon that stimulates an adjacent cell; found in the synaptic vesicles of the axon terminal; initiates electrical current from one neuron to the next by diffusing across the synaptic cleft
5 True/False questions
PNS - Peripheral Nervous System → Ganglia and spinal and cranial nerves
Relative Refractory period → What period is it during repolarization, the membrane may be stimulated if a very strong stimulus is used?
Nuclei → a bundle of nerve processes
Schwann Cells → the PNS glial cell that forms myelin
Conductivity → the ability to transmit an impulse