5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Axon Terminal
- Relative Refractory period
- Sodium Potassium Pumps
- Bipolar Neuron
- Multipolar Neuron
- a What period is it during repolarization, the membrane may be stimulated if a very strong stimulus is used?
- b one axon and one dendrite
- c one axon and multiple dendrites; efferent neurons and interneurons are multipolar
- d secretes neurotransmitters
- e How does the membrane maintain the difference in electrical charge established by diffusion of ions?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Form the supportive framework for the nervous tissue; contact and stimulate blood capillaries; convert blood glucose; secret proteins; regulate chemical composition of tissue fluid
- What is the resting membrane potential of a frog?
- site of the nucleus and most important metabolic area
- essentially rough endoplasmic reticulum, important metabolically
- the PNS glial cell that forms myelin
5 True/False questions
Neurotransmitters → a chemical released at the distal end of an axon that stimulates an adjacent cell; found in the synaptic vesicles of the axon terminal; initiates electrical current from one neuron to the next by diffusing across the synaptic cleft
Ependymal Cells → Phagocytize and destroy microorganisms, foreign matter, and dead nervous tissue
Nuclei → a cordlike organ of the PNS composed of multiple nerve fibers ensheathed in connective tissue
deep pressure, cold temperature → Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.
CNS - Central Nervous System → Ganglia and spinal and cranial nerves