5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nerve impulse
- Schwann Cells
- Relative Refractory period
- Neuronal Cell Body
- Absolute Refractory Period
- a Another name for the action potential in neurons.
- b site of the nucleus and most important metabolic area
- c the PNS glial cell that forms myelin
- d What period is it when the sodium ion channels are open, the membrane is totally insensitive to additional stimuli, regardless of the force of the stimulus?
- e What period is it during repolarization, the membrane may be stimulated if a very strong stimulus is used?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Form the myelin in the brain and spinal cord
- Phagocytize and destroy microorganisms, foreign matter, and dead nervous tissue
- junction or point of close contact between neurons
- What is the relationship between myelination and size and conduction velocity?
- neuron serving as part of the conduction pathway between sensory and motor neurons; association neurons
5 True/False questions
Neuroglia → may be involved in the transport of substances within the neuron
deep pressure, cold temperature → Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.
Astrocytes → Form the supportive framework for the nervous tissue; contact and stimulate blood capillaries; convert blood glucose; secret proteins; regulate chemical composition of tissue fluid
Compound nerve action potential → The cumulation of action potential of all neurons in a nerve
Resting membrane potential → Difference in electrical charge across the plasma membrane. The membrane would be POLARIZED.