5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Common Sense
- Articles of Confederation
- problems with first Constitution
- Lexington and Concord
- Reasons for colonial success
- a First constitution of the United States; passed in 1777 by Congress and by all states in 1781
- b pamphlet written by Thomas Paine that explains that the colonies needed independence and should form a democratic republic
- c the founders faced a problem writing the first constitution because the citizens feared a strong national government
- d better leadership, foreign aid, knowledge of land, civilian help, motivation: "the cause"
- e First battles of the Revolution, where the "shot heard 'round the world" was heard.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The British after the loss at Saratoga decided to head south to conquer the southern colonies. They were successful conquering Savannah and Charleston and then began to head north.
- a body of individually governed states brought together under a national government
- After losing battles in Philadelphia, Americans were forced to Valley Forge where they could keep an eye on the British in Philadelphia. The conditions were bad for the Americans as they were cold, shoeless, and blanketless. This is where Ben Franklin's daughter and Martha Washington came to help the Americans with supplies. Baron von Steuben came and trained the Americans to be more professional military fighters
- After progressing northwards and being weakened by guerilla fighters, the British went to Yorktown on the Chesapeake Bay to regroup and wait for supplies. While there the French blockaded the bay and the Americans came down to block the British on the peninsula. The british were forced to surrender, and after this Battle the war lost popular support in Britain.
- a rebellion of 2000 rebels from Massachusetts who raided a federal arsenal and the national government was unable to put them down. Led people to realize that a new Constitution was necessary and led to the Constitutional Convention.
5 True/False Questions
national government under the articles of Confederation → First constitution of the United States; passed in 1777 by Congress and by all states in 1781
Battle of Trenton → Washington launched a surprise attack on the Hessians stationed across the Delaware. It occurred the day after Christmas and led to an American victory
Turning Point → pamphlet written by Thomas Paine that explains that the colonies needed independence and should form a democratic republic
Battle of Bunker Hill → Second major battle of the revolutionary war. It was a British victory but an American moral victory because they were able to hold off the oncoming British soldiers for two charges before being defeated
Northwest Ordinance → Washington launched a surprise attack on the Hessians stationed across the Delaware. It occurred the day after Christmas and led to an American victory