5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- War of 1812
- Treaty of Ghent
- Midnight Judges
- a Nickname for Federalist judges who received their appointments just hours before John Adams left office.
- b War that ended after diplomacy between U.S. and Britain.
- c John C. Calhoun and Henry Clay were leaders in Congress who wanted to declare war on ___________.
- d Agreement that ended the War of 1812.
- e Lewis and Clark's Indian guide.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Washington's army showed the _________ of the new government under the U.S. Constitution when it stopped the Whiskey Rebellion.
- Jefferson would not let party conflicts __________ with running the government fairly.
- "We have met the enemy, and ____________."
- Group from New England that opposed the War Hawks.
- Expedition to the Louisiana Purchase to learn about the West and find a route to the Pacific Ocean.
5 True/False Questions
Decreased → Lewis and Clark's Indian guide.
USS Constitution → At first, Jefferson did not think he could buy Louisiana because ______________ of the Constitution might not allow it.
Congress → Jefferson __________ military spending by cutting back on the army and navy.
Buy → John C. Calhoun and Henry Clay were leaders in Congress who wanted to declare war on ___________.
Marbury v. Madison → Court case that established Judicial Review.