← Epithelia Types Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What comprises the Basement Membrane?
- Function of Simple Squamous Epithelium
- a Meaning column-like.
- b Allows passage of materials by diffusion and filtration in sites where protection is not important. Secretes muscous in serosae.
- c Meaning square-like.
- d A complex glycoprotein that dissolves in water when secreted that forms mucus, a slimy coating that protects and lubricates surfaces.
- e Basal Lamina + Reticular Lamina
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Thin, permeable. Located where rapid diffusion is required. Lines heart, vessels, glomeruli, alveoli.
- Does not branch
- Lining the ventral body cavity and its organs.
- Duct branches
- Tiny hairlike projections that propel substances along their free surface.
5 True/False Questions
Function of Pseudostratified Columnar Epithelium → Absorption; secretion of mucus, enzymes, and other substances. Mostly lines digestive tract and some sections of the uterus.
Pseudo → Meaning false or fake.
Glandular Epithelia → One or more cells that make and secrete products. Aqueous, mostly protein but can be lipid or steroid rich.
Stratified → Meaning more than one.
Hormones → Regulatory chemicals that are secreted by exocytosis directly into extracellular space, entering the blood directly and targetting organs.