← Unit 8 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a (adj) not satisfied or content with current conditions or circumstances. (n) such a person
- b (n) a forerunner, herald; (v) to herald the approach of-ex-A cold autumn breeze is an early _________ of winters coming
- c (adj) ill-tempered, quarrelsome; difficult to get along or deal with
- d (n) grossly insincere; the lowest phase; an anticlimax, comedown ...ex-the story ends with such a stroke of ______, you're not sure whether to laugh or scream
- e (v) to send or order back; in law, to send back to jail or to a lower court
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (n) the principal dish of a meal; the principal event, incident, or item; an outstanding accomplishment
- (n) the act of preying upon or plundering
- (adj) concerned or dealing with a specific subject, purpose, or end: The ad hoc committee disbanded after making its final report.
- (n) a group of symptoms or signs that collectively characterize or indicate a disease, disorder, abnormality, etc
- (adj) lacking brilliance or vitality; dull-ex- the __________ performance wasn't worth my money
5 True/False Questions
bane → (n)a person or thing that ruins or spoils: Gambling was the bane of his existence.
pander → (v) to cater to or provide satisfaction for the low tastes of others; (n) a person who does this-ex-You are the pander to her dishonor.
casuistry → (n) intellectual b.s. intended to coverup the fact that the person does not know what their talking about
nepotism → (n) the belief that the attainment of pleasure is life's chief aim; devotion to or pursuit of pleasure
de facto → (adj) actually existing (adv) in reality, actually