5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- All of these: -
It influences the degree to which classical and operant conditioning are used.
-It influences the degree to which observational learning is used.
- It can determine the content of learning.
- NOT: associative learning.
- NOT: environmental triggers may be able to circumvent our biological preparedness
- the Law of Effect.
- a Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates
- b Kevin used to cry, whine, throw temper tantrums, and eventually start screaming in the department store whenever he wanted a toy. His mother would resist initially but when he would start screaming she would give in. Eventually, Kevin started with the screaming to get his toy. Kevin is demonstrating
- c How does culture influence human learning
- d Some bears kept in captivity allow veterinarians to routinely give them total body checkups. These bears open their mouths for teeth cleaning and present their paws for nail clipping. Your friend wonders how anyone could ever get these dangerous animals to be so cooperative without anesthesia. From your study of psychology, you quickly surmise that the bears have undergone an extensive ________ program.
- e You are surprised to discover that classical conditioning can produce immunosuppression. The original discovery of this phenomenon involved rats, but more recent studies indicate that immunosuppression may also occur in humans. This means that
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A reinforcer that acquires its positive value through experience is a(n) ________ reinforcer.
- Your sorority sister is a pre-law student. After reading about the importance of control over aversive events, she decides that pop quizzes can cause physical harm and should be banned as students have no control over when they will occur. Her position has some merit because
- Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
- Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
- If, through experience, you come to the conclusion that all things are beyond your control and therefore you should not even try, you are exhibiting
5 True/False Questions
NOT: part of the reconditioning process → A squirrel eats an acorn, just as it does every day, but this time the acorn makes the squirrel sick. The squirrel then avoids acorns for more than a month. This avoidance behavior is
Natalie approaching the board → Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
generalization. → Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
CR → Pavlov's dog learned to anticipate food whenever he was presented with stimuli associated with food. Pavlov knew that his dog associated specific stimuli with food because the ________ was elicited by the stimuli.
NOT: classical → What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?