5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline.
- All of these: -
It influences the degree to which classical and operant conditioning are used.
-It influences the degree to which observational learning is used.
- It can determine the content of learning.
- a ________ is the species specific biological predisposition to learn in certain ways but not others.
- b Pavlov's dog learned to anticipate food whenever he was presented with stimuli associated with food. Pavlov knew that his dog associated specific stimuli with food because the ________ was elicited by the stimuli.
- c How does culture influence human learning
- d Who used puzzle boxes to examine the power of consequences in determining voluntary behavior?
- e Which of the following is the response most parents give when asked why they physically punish their children?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates
- On the way home from work, you decide to explore a side street that you have passed on several occasions. You are surprised to find that it runs parallel to the expressway. Several weeks later, there is a major accident on your usual travel route so you take this alternate route home. This is an example of ________ learning
- Kevin used to cry, whine, throw temper tantrums, and eventually start screaming in the department store whenever he wanted a toy. His mother would resist initially but when he would start screaming she would give in. Eventually, Kevin started with the screaming to get his toy. Kevin is demonstrating
- Studies by Ader and Cohen revealed that classical conditioning can produce
- As Natalie, who has extremely long nails, approaches the chalkboard, many of her classmates cover their ears. What represents the conditioned stimulus?
5 True/False Questions
NOT: conditioned response → Pavlov's dog salivated each time food was presented. Salivation in this situation was the
NOT: association. → What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?
uncontrolled negative events can lower immune system functioning → Your sorority sister is a pre-law student. After reading about the importance of control over aversive events, she decides that pop quizzes can cause physical harm and should be banned as students have no control over when they will occur. Her position has some merit because
secondary → A reinforcer that acquires its positive value through experience is a(n) ________ reinforcer.
associative learning → Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of