5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- associative learning
- NOT: conditioned response
- the Law of Effect.
- a Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
- b Studies by Ader and Cohen revealed that classical conditioning can produce
- c Who used puzzle boxes to examine the power of consequences in determining voluntary behavior?
- d Pavlov's dog salivated each time food was presented. Salivation in this situation was the
- e Kevin used to cry, whine, throw temper tantrums, and eventually start screaming in the department store whenever he wanted a toy. His mother would resist initially but when he would start screaming she would give in. Eventually, Kevin started with the screaming to get his toy. Kevin is demonstrating
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mark's dog, Gus, sits whenever Mark says, "Sit." Mark now wants to teach Gus a new trick. He wants to teach him to bark every time he says, "Speak," but whenever Mark says, "Speak," Gus just sits. The dog's behavior is an example of
- Which of the following behaviors indicate learning?
- How does culture influence human learning
- ________ is the species specific biological predisposition to learn in certain ways but not others.
- What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?
5 True/False Questions
NOT: associative learning. → Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
sneezing in response to pepper → Pavlov's dog salivated each time food was presented. Salivation in this situation was the
renewal → On the way home from work, you decide to explore a side street that you have passed on several occasions. You are surprised to find that it runs parallel to the expressway. Several weeks later, there is a major accident on your usual travel route so you take this alternate route home. This is an example of ________ learning
The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline. → Which of the following is the response most parents give when asked why they physically punish their children?
NOT: association. → What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?