← CH 6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- the Law of Effect.
- NOT: classical
- NOT: part of the reconditioning process
- a Ronald, a recovering alcoholic, has not had a drink in seven months. He has stopped visiting all of his regular bars and has lost his craving for alcohol. When his boss invites him out to "his favorite" bar one day after work, Ronald gets an overwhelming desire to have a drink. What is Ronald demonstrating?
- b What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?
- c Kevin used to cry, whine, throw temper tantrums, and eventually start screaming in the department store whenever he wanted a toy. His mother would resist initially but when he would start screaming she would give in. Eventually, Kevin started with the screaming to get his toy. Kevin is demonstrating
- d A squirrel eats an acorn, just as it does every day, but this time the acorn makes the squirrel sick. The squirrel then avoids acorns for more than a month. This avoidance behavior is
- e Studies by Ader and Cohen revealed that classical conditioning can produce
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mark's dog, Gus, sits whenever Mark says, "Sit." Mark now wants to teach Gus a new trick. He wants to teach him to bark every time he says, "Speak," but whenever Mark says, "Speak," Gus just sits. The dog's behavior is an example of
- You are surprised to discover that classical conditioning can produce immunosuppression. The original discovery of this phenomenon involved rats, but more recent studies indicate that immunosuppression may also occur in humans. This means that
- Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
- Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
- A reinforcer that acquires its positive value through experience is a(n) ________ reinforcer.
5 True/False Questions
NOT: associative learning. → Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
learned helplessness → ________ is the species specific biological predisposition to learn in certain ways but not others.
The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline. → Which of the following is the response most parents give when asked why they physically punish their children?
Simon whines whenever he wants something → Which of the following is an example of an innate UCS-UCR connection?
CR → Which of the following is a primary reinforcer?