← CH 6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline.
- NOT: classical
- NOT: association.
- NOT: associative learning.
- sneezing in response to pepper
- a Which of the following is the response most parents give when asked why they physically punish their children?
- b What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?
- c Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
- d Which of the following is an example of an innate UCS-UCR connection?
- e Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Pavlov's dog salivated each time food was presented. Salivation in this situation was the
- Your sorority sister is a pre-law student. After reading about the importance of control over aversive events, she decides that pop quizzes can cause physical harm and should be banned as students have no control over when they will occur. Her position has some merit because
- Ronald, a recovering alcoholic, has not had a drink in seven months. He has stopped visiting all of his regular bars and has lost his craving for alcohol. When his boss invites him out to "his favorite" bar one day after work, Ronald gets an overwhelming desire to have a drink. What is Ronald demonstrating?
- Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
- Studies by Ader and Cohen revealed that classical conditioning can produce
5 True/False Questions
Thorndike → Some bears kept in captivity allow veterinarians to routinely give them total body checkups. These bears open their mouths for teeth cleaning and present their paws for nail clipping. Your friend wonders how anyone could ever get these dangerous animals to be so cooperative without anesthesia. From your study of psychology, you quickly surmise that the bears have undergone an extensive ________ program.
CR → Pavlov's dog learned to anticipate food whenever he was presented with stimuli associated with food. Pavlov knew that his dog associated specific stimuli with food because the ________ was elicited by the stimuli.
NOT: part of the reconditioning process → A squirrel eats an acorn, just as it does every day, but this time the acorn makes the squirrel sick. The squirrel then avoids acorns for more than a month. This avoidance behavior is
Preparedness → ________ is the species specific biological predisposition to learn in certain ways but not others.
shaping → On the way home from work, you decide to explore a side street that you have passed on several occasions. You are surprised to find that it runs parallel to the expressway. Several weeks later, there is a major accident on your usual travel route so you take this alternate route home. This is an example of ________ learning