← CH 6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- NOT: association.
- associative learning
- the Law of Effect.
- a Kevin used to cry, whine, throw temper tantrums, and eventually start screaming in the department store whenever he wanted a toy. His mother would resist initially but when he would start screaming she would give in. Eventually, Kevin started with the screaming to get his toy. Kevin is demonstrating
- b Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
- c Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
- d Some bears kept in captivity allow veterinarians to routinely give them total body checkups. These bears open their mouths for teeth cleaning and present their paws for nail clipping. Your friend wonders how anyone could ever get these dangerous animals to be so cooperative without anesthesia. From your study of psychology, you quickly surmise that the bears have undergone an extensive ________ program.
- e Which of the following is a primary reinforcer?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Which of the following behaviors indicate learning?
- Who used puzzle boxes to examine the power of consequences in determining voluntary behavior?
- Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates
- You are surprised to discover that classical conditioning can produce immunosuppression. The original discovery of this phenomenon involved rats, but more recent studies indicate that immunosuppression may also occur in humans. This means that
- Mark's dog, Gus, sits whenever Mark says, "Sit." Mark now wants to teach Gus a new trick. He wants to teach him to bark every time he says, "Speak," but whenever Mark says, "Speak," Gus just sits. The dog's behavior is an example of
5 True/False Questions
NOT: classical → Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
latent → On the way home from work, you decide to explore a side street that you have passed on several occasions. You are surprised to find that it runs parallel to the expressway. Several weeks later, there is a major accident on your usual travel route so you take this alternate route home. This is an example of ________ learning
uncontrolled negative events can lower immune system functioning → Which of the following behaviors indicate learning?
CR → Which of the following is a primary reinforcer?
The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline. → Which of the following is the response most parents give when asked why they physically punish their children?