5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- love triangle.
- what were the three periods of history in Rome?
- second triumvirate
- Roman laws: 12 tables, law of nations, "rule of law"
- good emperors:
- a nerva, reformed land laws in favor of poor, revised taxes; Trajan, expanded the empire to its largest size; built many new public works. Hadrian; built wall in britan, built many new public works; Antonius Pius, promoted art and science built new public works passed laes to aid orphans. Marcus Murelius, helped unite the empire economicallly, reformed roman law
- b kingdom, republic, and empire
- c anthony and octavian divide. anthony falls in love eith cleopatra 7. formed alliance.octavian declaired war
- d anthony and cleopatra were forced to comit suicide. died holding hands while bitten by snakes.
- e first laws written down, est principal: all citizens had the right to be treated equaly in legal system. law of nations: needed laws that applied to all people(citizens &non) "rule of law": idea that law should apply to all people equaly &everyone ir treated the same
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- weak money=weak army constant threat to german invadors. unable to stop border invasions.
- romans sculped realistically. they borrowed columns and porches. added arches and domes (from greeks) concrete buildings.
- he took title agustus. means "revered one"
- partering grew: sell goods without using money
- Tiberius :): ruled for 8 yrs then retire too stressful. Caligula :(: favorite person was horse. made it senate. had people murderd. Claudius :). Nero :( made rome on fire &watched killed his wife.
5 True/False Questions
rise of Julius Caesar → crossed Rubicon R. (point of no return) then defeats Pompey. then declaired himself dictator for life. he filled senate w/ friends.created calander. had as many enimied as supporters. then got killed march 15
trouble times in republic. → plebians grew. dishonest officials stole $, overcrouding in cities, farmers were going to debt &hannibal destroyed many farmers.
engineering → sewer system, roads were a hill shaped so water could flow down
476AD?? → the fall of the W. roman empire
what is latifunda? → large farming estates created when wealthy Romans bought small farms