← The Enlightenment Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fredrick the Great induced?
- Voltaire attacked?
- Mary Wollstonecraft
- Margaret Cavendish wasn't a...
- Margaret Cavendish (substance)
- a Rationlist
- b "A Vindication of the Rights of Women"
- c Voltaire
- d "Relics" of the medieval social order
- e All that exists contradicts itself
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "State of Nature"
- "Treatise on Human Nature" (1739)
- Blank slate
- Did not force followers to "stifle reason"
5 True/False Questions
Fredrick the Great (ruled 1740-1786) → Prussia, strong interest in enlightenment works
Voltaire wrote? → Plays, essays, poetry, philosophy and books
Rene Descartes is a rationalist which means → Believes in the mind
Olympe de Gouges (major work) → "Declaration of the Rights of Women & Female Citizens"
Thomas Hobbes believed? → God, nature, and humanity is a single substance