5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- first to propose rimland theory
- A state's geographical shape, which can affect its spatial cohension and political viability.
- German who originated geopolitical theory. Pioneered environmental determinism. Stated that there are 7 laws of state growth.
- The dramatic increase in hispanic population in a given neighborhood
- meeting of 14 mostrly european countries on how to divided up Africa amongst themselves disregarding African input or ethnic groups
5 True/False questions
Domino Theory → the political theory that if one nation comes under Communist control then neighboring nations will also come under Communist control
Mackinder, Halford J. → One of the founding fathers of Geopolitics
Forward Capital → The largest settlement in a country, if it has more than twice as many people as the second-ranking settlement.
"third wave" of democratization → Book by Samuel P. Huntington about significance of democratization
primate city → capital city positioned in actually or potentially contested territory usually near an international border, it confirms the states determination to maintain its presence in the region in contention.