5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alexander Lebed
- a Orders from the President or leader.
- b A prominent former general who gathered a following before the 1996 election and had to be courted by Yeltsin so that Boris could remain President.
- c Peasants who resisted Stalinism
- d Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
- e Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
5 Multiple choice questions
- Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
- Large farms owned and run by the state
- the process of filling influential jobs in the state, society, or the economy with people approved and chosen by the Communist Party.
- President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.
- Current president of the Russian Federation
5 True/False questions
Yabloko → Peasants who resisted Stalinism
cultural heterogeneity in Russia → Russian diversity increased as Russia expanded its borders. Very diverse
Marxism-Leninism → The two-pronged program of collectivization and industrialization. Executed with force and brutality by central planning
civil society in Russia → Russians would rather have a strong state to protect them over civil liberties
Vladimir Lenin → Leader of the Liberal Democrats