5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Red Army
- Crimean War
- a Peasants who resisted Stalinism
- b Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
- c The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
- d The Communist Party of the Russian Federation, it is the second-strongest party. The party emphasizes centralized planning and nationalism, and implies an intention to regain territories lost when the Soviet Union broke apart.
- e Russia was defeated in this war in the mid-1800s. It convinced many that the tsars were moving Russia backward and needed reform.
5 Multiple choice questions
- rule by a few for the good of the many
- Large farms owned and run by the state
- criminal conspiracy, organized crime
- the ability for individuals to change their social status over the course of their lifetimes
- Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
5 True/False questions
Constitutional Court → The judicial branch of the Russian Federation created by the Constitution of 1993. It is made up of nineteen members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federation Council. It is in charge of making sure laws are constitutional.
oligarchy → Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
Central Committee → President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.
Vladimir Zhirinovsky → Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
proportional representation in Russia → Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.