5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dmitri Medvedev
- Decembrist Revolt
- social mobility
- a Revolt by workers in 1825 resulting from frustration in the working class. It was crushed by Tsar Nicholas I
- b the ability for individuals to change their social status over the course of their lifetimes
- c The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
- d Complete and invasive form of rule (control all aspects of life)
- e Current president of the Russian Federation
5 Multiple choice questions
- The largely Muslim population of this region in the Caucasus has been fighting for its independence
- Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.
- Started by Krushchev's secret speech, this was a process that led to reforms such as loosening government censorship of the press, decentralization of economic decision-making, and restructuring of the collective farms.
- Created the publicly-elected office of President, held in check by the Duma. It created a three-branch government. It is a semipresidential system and has a Constitutional Court
- Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
5 True/False questions
general secretary → A powerful CPSU head
Mensheviks → Led by Martov, they were communists who broke off from Lenin at the turn of the 20th century. They were generally for a larger group of revolutionaries than were the Bolsheviks.
oligarchy → Rule by a few. In Russia these few control the majority of the economy.
head of government → President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.
Marxism-Leninism → The communist political ideology that gave legitimacy to the rule of the Communist Party. It combined Marxism with Lenin's democratic centralism