5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- secret speech
- Liberal Democrats
- social mobility
- Constitution of 1993
- a Speech given by Krushchev in which he unveils a letter written by Lenin critical of Stalin's policies, particularly the purges
- b Third-largest party in Russia, and the most controversial... They are anti-semitic, and want to nuke Japan.
- c the ability for individuals to change their social status over the course of their lifetimes
- d Created the publicly-elected office of President, held in check by the Duma. It created a three-branch government. It is a semipresidential system and has a Constitutional Court
- e China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Large farms owned and run by the state
- Led by Martov, they were communists who broke off from Lenin at the turn of the 20th century. They were generally for a larger group of revolutionaries than were the Bolsheviks.
- a group of revolutionary leaders who could provoke a revolution in non-capitalist Russia
- The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.
5 True/False questions
collectivization → Large farms owned and run by the state
zemstvas → Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
Yabloko → The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
BRIC → A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
oligarchy → A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.