5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- collective farms
- a The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
- b Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
- c A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
- d Large farms owned and run by the state
- e The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Prime Minister
- Complete and invasive form of rule (control all aspects of life)
- Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
- The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.
- criminal conspiracy, organized crime
5 True/False Questions
Slavophile → "lover of Slavs," tradition leads to pride in Slavic customs etc.
Boris Yeltsin → Russian who became a rich Oligarch by buying up Russian industries after the fall of Communism and the beginning of "shock therapy." He was exiled by the Russian government.
Duma → A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
Confederation of Independent States → An organization that weakly unites the fifteen former republics of the Soviet Union.
civil society in Russia → Russians would rather have a strong state to protect them over civil liberties