5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Boris Berezovsky
- civil society in Russia
- cultural heterogeneity in Russia
- a Led by Martov, they were communists who broke off from Lenin at the turn of the 20th century. They were generally for a larger group of revolutionaries than were the Bolsheviks.
- b The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
- c Russian diversity increased as Russia expanded its borders. Very diverse
- d Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.
- e Russian who became a rich Oligarch by buying up Russian industries after the fall of Communism and the beginning of "shock therapy." He was exiled by the Russian government.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Owners of the factories and other means of production
- Party secretary following Stalin's demise. He started the process of de-Stalinization.
- a group of revolutionary leaders who could provoke a revolution in non-capitalist Russia
- Started by Lenin in 1920, it allowed for private ownership under centralized leadership.
- Lenin's communist group that seized power in 1917.
5 True/False questions
Gorbachev's three-pronged reform plan → Revolt by workers in 1825 resulting from frustration in the working class. It was crushed by Tsar Nicholas I
conflict in Chechnya → The largely Muslim population of this region in the Caucasus has been fighting for its independence
White Army → Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
Gennady Zyuganov → Leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation
CPRF → A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.