5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- civil society in Russia
- cultural heterogeneity in Russia
- Constitution of 1993
- a Created the publicly-elected office of President, held in check by the Duma. It created a three-branch government. It is a semipresidential system and has a Constitutional Court
- b Led by Martov, they were communists who broke off from Lenin at the turn of the 20th century. They were generally for a larger group of revolutionaries than were the Bolsheviks.
- c Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.
- d A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
- e Russian diversity increased as Russia expanded its borders. Very diverse
5 Multiple choice questions
- rule by a few for the good of the many
- The two-pronged program of collectivization and industrialization. Executed with force and brutality by central planning
- allocation of power throughout various political, social, and economic institutions
- Complete and invasive form of rule (control all aspects of life)
- Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
5 True/False questions
Peter the Great → Russian Tsar from 17th and 18th Centuries who was the first "Westernizer." Tried to modernize Russia on the western model
state corporatism → Government control of organizations, the government is "channeling" the voice of the people. Interest groups are controlled by the government.
Vladimir Putin → Second president of the Russian Federation, although he stepped down after his second term, he remains an influence through his position as PM
Yabloko → The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
White Army → Army led by former Russian military leaders in the 1918 Civil War. They were supported by the Allied Powers.