5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- United Russia Party
- Constitutional Court
- a The judicial branch of the Russian Federation created by the Constitution of 1993. It is made up of nineteen members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federation Council. It is in charge of making sure laws are constitutional.
- b allocation of power throughout various political, social, and economic institutions
- c Founded as a merger of parties to support Putin after his election in 2000. (created in April, 2001). It is the major party in the Russian Federation.
- d China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
- e The two-pronged program of collectivization and industrialization. Executed with force and brutality by central planning
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Current president of the Russian Federation
- The upper legislative house. It was originally filled by governors and regional heads, but now the governors pick the council members. This was done in conjunction with the President being able to appoint the governors. It is made up of two members from each of the 89 administrative districts.
- Orders from the President or leader.
- St. Petersburg under Tsar Peter the Great, city on the Baltic Sea
- A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
5 True/False Questions
social mobility → The largest cleavage point in the Russian Federation, This is due to the fact that Russian territory covers so much and such diverse geography
Westerner → Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
general secretary → A powerful CPSU head
Confederation of Independent States → Government with regional and centralized components.
cultural heterogeneity in Russia → Russian diversity increased as Russia expanded its borders. Very diverse