5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nikita Krushchev
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- secret speech
- White Army
- a Orders from the President or leader.
- b Party secretary following Stalin's demise. He started the process of de-Stalinization.
- c Army led by former Russian military leaders in the 1918 Civil War. They were supported by the Allied Powers.
- d Final Party Secretary for the Communist Party before the Russian Federation.
- e Speech given by Krushchev in which he unveils a letter written by Lenin critical of Stalin's policies, particularly the purges
5 Multiple choice questions
- The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
- The largely Muslim population of this region in the Caucasus has been fighting for its independence
- A prominent former general who gathered a following before the 1996 election and had to be courted by Yeltsin so that Boris could remain President.
- the process of filling influential jobs in the state, society, or the economy with people approved and chosen by the Communist Party.
5 True/False questions
Yabloko → The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
social mobility → the ability for individuals to change their social status over the course of their lifetimes
Boris Berezovsky → Russian who became a rich Oligarch by buying up Russian industries after the fall of Communism and the beginning of "shock therapy." He was exiled by the Russian government.
federal government structure → A group of 300 party leaders that met twice a year.
Red Army → Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War