5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Boris Yeltsin
- Liberal Democrats
- United Russia Party
- New Economic Policy
- a Founded as a merger of parties to support Putin after his election in 2000. (created in April, 2001). It is the major party in the Russian Federation.
- b A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
- c Started by Lenin in 1920, it allowed for private ownership under centralized leadership.
- d First President of the Russian Federation and former Soviet Politburo member
- e Third-largest party in Russia, and the most controversial... They are anti-semitic, and want to nuke Japan.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
- The largely Muslim population of this region in the Caucasus has been fighting for its independence
- Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.
- Russians would rather have a strong state to protect them over civil liberties
- The state church in Russia that was controlled by the tsars.
5 True/False questions
secret speech → Orders from the President or leader.
tsars → Peasants who resisted Stalinism
kulaks → Peasants who resisted Stalinism
Vladimir Lenin → Leader of the Liberal Democrats
politburo → The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.