5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Red Army
- Boris Berezovsky
- federal government structure
- democratic centralism
- Dmitri Medvedev
- a rule by a few for the good of the many
- b Russian who became a rich Oligarch by buying up Russian industries after the fall of Communism and the beginning of "shock therapy." He was exiled by the Russian government.
- c Government with regional and centralized components.
- d Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
- e Current president of the Russian Federation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Stalin's ambitious goals for production in heavy industry
- Peasants who resisted Stalinism
- Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.
- President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.
- Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
5 True/False Questions
Mensheviks → Lenin's communist group that seized power in 1917.
Liberal Democrats → Third-largest party in Russia, and the most controversial... They are anti-semitic, and want to nuke Japan.
Federation Council → The largest cleavage point in the Russian Federation, This is due to the fact that Russian territory covers so much and such diverse geography
politburo → The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.
Crimean War → Russia was defeated in this war in the mid-1800s. It convinced many that the tsars were moving Russia backward and needed reform.