5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- collective farms
- a Large farms owned and run by the state
- b Popularly-elected lower house of the legislature
- c A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
- d Members of the Russian aristocracy
- e Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Rule by a few. In Russia these few control the majority of the economy.
- People receive the same, regardless of work or effort. Russians dislike inequality in wealth or income
- The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.
- Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- Current president of the Russian Federation
5 True/False Questions
White Army → Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
general secretary → A powerful CPSU head
Red Army → Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
Marxism-Leninism → The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.
Marxism → The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.