5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dmitri Medvedev
- head of government
- a Current president of the Russian Federation
- b Complete and invasive form of rule (control all aspects of life)
- c workers
- d Started by Krushchev's secret speech, this was a process that led to reforms such as loosening government censorship of the press, decentralization of economic decision-making, and restructuring of the collective farms.
- e Prime Minister
5 Multiple choice questions
- Those foreign countries that are close to Russia, particularly former Warsaw Pact and USSR members.
- allocation of power throughout various political, social, and economic institutions
- Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
- China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
- A powerful CPSU head
5 True/False questions
Gennady Zyuganov → Leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation
Boris Berezovsky → First President of the Russian Federation and former Soviet Politburo member
Yabloko → The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
politburo → Members of the Russian aristocracy
Decembrist Revolt → Revolt by workers in 1825 resulting from frustration in the working class. It was crushed by Tsar Nicholas I