5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gennady Zyuganov
- New Economic Policy
- Decembrist Revolt
- Federation Council
- a Started by Lenin in 1920, it allowed for private ownership under centralized leadership.
- b Leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation
- c Revolt by workers in 1825 resulting from frustration in the working class. It was crushed by Tsar Nicholas I
- d The upper legislative house. It was originally filled by governors and regional heads, but now the governors pick the council members. This was done in conjunction with the President being able to appoint the governors. It is made up of two members from each of the 89 administrative districts.
- e "lover of Slavs," tradition leads to pride in Slavic customs etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Members of the Russian aristocracy
- Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- Russia's lower house, the Duma, is elected only on party lists, and parties can only get seats if they receive 7% or more of the national votes.
- Owners of the factories and other means of production
- The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
5 True/False questions
equality of result in Russia → Founded as a merger of parties to support Putin after his election in 2000. (created in April, 2001). It is the major party in the Russian Federation.
Constitution of 1993 → Created the publicly-elected office of President, held in check by the Duma. It created a three-branch government. It is a semipresidential system and has a Constitutional Court
Boris Yeltsin → Owners of the factories and other means of production
mafia → criminal conspiracy, organized crime
head of state → President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.