5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- general secretary
- a Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
- b Rule by a few. In Russia these few control the majority of the economy.
- c The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.
- d A powerful CPSU head
- e China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.
- Complete and invasive form of rule (control all aspects of life)
- Founded as a merger of parties to support Putin after his election in 2000. (created in April, 2001). It is the major party in the Russian Federation.
- Created the publicly-elected office of President, held in check by the Duma. It created a three-branch government. It is a semipresidential system and has a Constitutional Court
- Gorbachev planned to save the country through his programs of glasnost, democratization, and perestroika
5 True/False Questions
federal government structure → Prime Minister
Federation Council → Speech given by Krushchev in which he unveils a letter written by Lenin critical of Stalin's policies, particularly the purges
Constitutional Court → The judicial branch of the Russian Federation created by the Constitution of 1993. It is made up of nineteen members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federation Council. It is in charge of making sure laws are constitutional.
near abroad → Gorbachev's economic reform that transferred many economic powers from the central government to private hands and the market economy.
Boris Berezovsky → First President of the Russian Federation and former Soviet Politburo member