5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- market-based socialism
- Red Army
- a Allowing a significant infusion of capitalism into the socialist system.
- b Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
- c A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
- d Popularly-elected lower house of the legislature
- e Started by Krushchev's secret speech, this was a process that led to reforms such as loosening government censorship of the press, decentralization of economic decision-making, and restructuring of the collective farms.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- allocation of power throughout various political, social, and economic institutions
- The communist political ideology that gave legitimacy to the rule of the Communist Party. It combined Marxism with Lenin's democratic centralism
- a group of revolutionary leaders who could provoke a revolution in non-capitalist Russia
- Complete and invasive form of rule (control all aspects of life)
- Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
5 True/False Questions
Marxism → Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
conflict in Chechnya → The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
Federation Council → The upper legislative house. It was originally filled by governors and regional heads, but now the governors pick the council members. This was done in conjunction with the President being able to appoint the governors. It is made up of two members from each of the 89 administrative districts.
bourgeoisie → A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
asymmetric federalism → rule by a few for the good of the many