mrs. Connon's R+J quotes
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- #8. Take thou some new infection to thy eye, And the rank poison of the old will die.
- #10. I'll go along, no such sight to be shown, But to rejoice in splendor of my own.
- #22. My only love sprung from my only hate!
- #33. These violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, Which, as they kiss, consume.
- #16. I fear too early, for my mind misgives Some consequence yet hanging in the stars Shall bitterly begin his fearful date With this night's revels, and expire the term Of a despiséd life closed in my breast By some vile forfeit of untimely death.
- a a. Romeo said it b. To Benvolio c. Act 1, Scene 2 d. I will come with you, not because I think you will show me any beautiful women But so I can see the woman I love. e. rhyme- shown and own parallel quote- #14 f. This quote is sort of foreshadowing what will happen at the ball because he meets the love of his life there.
- b a. Juliet said it b. To the Nurse c. Act 1, Scene 5 d. The only person I love is my enemy! e. None f. This is what Juliet says when she finds out about Romeo being a Monatgue.
- c a. Romeo said it b. To Benvolio c. Act 1, Scene 4 d. I am worried that we will get there too early. It is written in the stars that something bad is bound to happen tonight, Something that will lead to my early death. e. symbol- stars f. This quote is foreshadowing what will happen later in the book.
- d a. Benvolio said it b. To Romeo c. Act 1, Scene 2 d. Look at other girls to cure your heart. e. symbol- eye rhyme- eye and die f. Benvolio is trying to give Romeo advice.
- e a. Friar Lawrence said it b. To Romeo c. Act 2, Scene 6 d. These sudden joys have sudden endings. They burn up in victory like fire and gunpowder. When they meet, as in a kiss, they explode. e. oxymoron- violent delights Foreshadowing f. This shows that Friar Lawrence really cares about the two youngsters .
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a. The Nurse said it b. To Juliet (and Lady Capulet) c. Act 1, Scene 3 d. Paris is the perfect model of a man. e. None f. In this quote, the nurse is on Lady Capulet's side and likes Paris.
- a. Romeo said it b. To himself (because she goes inside but will come back again) c. Act 2, Scene 2 d. Since it is dark, I am afraid that this is just a dream. e. Symbol- dream f. Dreams vs. Reality (Romeo is questioning if this is real)
- a. Friar Lawrence said it b. To Romeo c. Act 2, Scene 6 d. Go slow or your love will blow up. e. Rhyme- so and slow f. Friar Lawrence is giving Romeo more advice.
- a. Friar Lawrence said it b. To Romeo c. Act 2, Scene 3 d. Wise advice- go slow or this will end in a disaster. e. None f. Friar Lawrence cares about Romeo and Juliet because he wants this love to last.
- a. Mercutio said it b. To Romeo c. Act 1, Scene 4 d. It's true that I'm talking of dreams But dreams are just part of your imagination e. theme- dreams f. This is shows that Mercutio isn't much of a dreamer.
5 True/False Questions
#31. In one respect I'll thy assistant be, For this alliance may so happy prove To turn your households' rancor to pure love. → a. Friar Lawrence said it b. To Romeo c. Act 2, Scene 6 d. Go slow or your love will blow up. e. Rhyme- so and slow f. Friar Lawrence is giving Romeo more advice.
#25. O Romeo, Romeo, wherfore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name, Or, is thou not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a Capulet. → a. Benvolio said it b. To Romeo c. Act 1, Scene 2 d. Look at other girls to cure your heart. e. symbol- eye rhyme- eye and die f. Benvolio is trying to give Romeo advice.
#9. Compare her face with some that I shall show, And I will make thee think thy swan and crow. → a. Benvolio said it b. To Romeo and the servingman c. Act 1, Scene 2 d. The woman who you think is as beautiful as a swan, will soon look as ugly as crow once you find a new woman. e. Symbols- swan, crow Rhyme- show and crow f. Benvolio keeps trying to give Romeo good advice that will cheer him up.
#11. It is an honor that I dream not of. → a. Juliet said it b. To Lady Capulet c. Act 1, Scene 3 d. I do not wish to get married. e. None f. This quote is when Juliet stands up to her mother and tells her that she wishes to not be married.
#18. Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight For I ne'er saw a true beauty till this night. → a. Romeo said it b. To Tybalt and the Servingman c. Act 1, Scene 5 d. Have I ever loved anyone like this before? My eyes have lied to me I have never seen someone so beautiful until this night. e. Rhyme- sight and night f. Love at first sight.