5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen
- a Expression of the people's will by direct ballot
- b The French national assembly summoned in 1789 to remedy the financial crisis and correct abuses of the ancien regime.
- c Extremists who oppose a change and want to turn the clock back to the time before certain changes occurred
- d favoring extreme changes, especially in politics and government
- e states the general belief of how France should treat its people-similar to our declaration.
5 Multiple choice questions
- liberty, equality, fraternity
- inherits the country on the verge of it collapsing; VERY POOR KING-did not do his job; had no interest in anything political, would have rather been a locksmith. married Marie Antionette at a very young age
- talented, educated, skilled middle class men. some want to participate in government but cannot because they are not born into nobility
- The meeting of party delegates every four years to choose a presidential ticket and write the party's platform.
- willing to accept Louis as a constitutional monarch
5 True/False questions
Guillotine → land tax on peasants/second class (anybody but 1st class)
Declaration of Pillnitz → the promise by Austria and Prussia to protect the French monarchy
Coup d'etat → seizure of power by force
George Jacques Danton → Delegates of the third estate made an oath not to disband until the National Assembly had drafted a constitution
Reign of Terror → a vast panic that spread quickly through France in 1789; peasant rebellions bacame part of the Great Fear; citizens, fearing invasion by foreign troops that would support the French monarchy, formed militias