← French Revolution Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Declaration of Pillnitz
- a The French national assembly summoned in 1789 to remedy the financial crisis and correct abuses of the ancien regime.
- b Extremists who oppose a change and want to turn the clock back to the time before certain changes occurred
- c the promise by Austria and Prussia to protect the French monarchy
- d in the French Revolution, a radical group made up of Parisian wage-earners, and small shopkeepers who wanted a greater voice in government, lower prices, and an end of food shortages
- e community of people living together, sharing everything
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- composed of two legislative bodies
- 5 co directors
- seizure of power by force
- land tax on peasants/second class (anybody but 1st class)
- brought France back to rule
5 True/False Questions
Moderates/"Plain" → This was a political party within the National Convention named because the people that made up this party sat on the highest benches in the assembly hall. These people were the activists within the Convention. The Mountain worried that the Girondists would become conservative because of their already moderate beliefs. Although they were in competition with each other, the Mountain eventually won due to their alliance with the Sans-Culottes, resulting in a more radical group of people. The mountains believed in equal outcome.
Committee of Public Safety → 12 members, led by Robespierre; 2 primary duties: 1. defend France from those who would seek to stop the revolution.. 2. create a ''republic of virtue''
Napoleon Bonaparte → ruler of france from 1799-1815; made many promises to France that he would fix all their problems, almost like a dictatorship. he takes advantage of the open slot for a leader that France has
George Jacques Danton → Delegates of the third estate made an oath not to disband until the National Assembly had drafted a constitution
Jean Paul Marat → composed of one legislative body