5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- M. Robespierre
- The Great Fear
- Olympe de Gouge
- a "man that can do no wrong" "incorruptible", incredible speaking skills, most virtuous man alive, drove the revolution off the cliff. after passed was questioned to be mentally ill
- b a person who believes government power, particularly in the economy, should be limited in order to maximize individual freedom
- c wrote the "Rights of Women and the Citizen"
- d a vast panic that spread quickly through France in 1789; peasant rebellions bacame part of the Great Fear; citizens, fearing invasion by foreign troops that would support the French monarchy, formed militias
- e Expression of the people's will by direct ballot
5 Multiple choice questions
- King Louis' wife, austrian, loathed by the country. very oblivious. "Hamlet of Marie Antionette"
- Delegates of the third estate made an oath not to disband until the National Assembly had drafted a constitution
- ruler of france from 1799-1815; made many promises to France that he would fix all their problems, almost like a dictatorship. he takes advantage of the open slot for a leader that France has
- The meeting of party delegates every four years to choose a presidential ticket and write the party's platform.
- composed of two legislative bodies
5 True/False questions
Coup d'etat → a vast panic that spread quickly through France in 1789; peasant rebellions bacame part of the Great Fear; citizens, fearing invasion by foreign troops that would support the French monarchy, formed militias
Commune → community of people living together, sharing everything
"Old Regime" → the political and social system that existed in France before the French Revolution
Alexander I (of Russia) → Extremists who oppose a change and want to turn the clock back to the time before certain changes occurred
Dictatorship → form of government in which the leader has absolute power and authority