5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- National Convention
- slogan of french rev.
- a don't think they need any type of government at all; they want Louis dead
- b liberty, equality, fraternity
- c The meeting of party delegates every four years to choose a presidential ticket and write the party's platform.
- d 5 co directors
- e favoring extreme changes, especially in politics and government
5 Multiple choice questions
- a person who believes government power, particularly in the economy, should be limited in order to maximize individual freedom
- the promise by Austria and Prussia to protect the French monarchy
- French Revolutionary assembly (1789-1791). Called first as the Estates General, the three estates came together and demanded radical change. It passed the Declaration of the Rights of Man in 1789. (p. 585)
- assassinated Jean-Paul Marat b/c she is convinced that the Jacobins are destroying France
- King Louis' wife, austrian, loathed by the country. very oblivious. "Hamlet of Marie Antionette"
5 True/False questions
Louis XV → Built many cultural aspects, very famous for Versailles. Part of the Bourbon family...ladies man
Continental system → Napoleon's policy of preventing trade between Great Britain and continental Europe, intended to destroy Great Britain's economy.
George Jacques Danton → leader of the Jacobins and charges
Tennis Court Oath → Delegates of the third estate made an oath not to disband until the National Assembly had drafted a constitution
Unicameral → composed of one legislative body