5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Louis XVI
- Reign of Terror
- Tennis Court Oath
- Olympe de Gouge
- a inherits the country on the verge of it collapsing; VERY POOR KING-did not do his job; had no interest in anything political, would have rather been a locksmith. married Marie Antionette at a very young age
- b July 1793-1794; neighbor turns on neighbor; anything said turns against oneself and usually ends up getting them guillotined. most people killed were from the 3rd estate
- c Extremists who oppose a change and want to turn the clock back to the time before certain changes occurred
- d Delegates of the third estate made an oath not to disband until the National Assembly had drafted a constitution
- e wrote the "Rights of Women and the Citizen"
5 Multiple choice questions
- required enrollment into the military
- states the general belief of how France should treat its people-similar to our declaration.
- ruler of france from 1799-1815; made many promises to France that he would fix all their problems, almost like a dictatorship. he takes advantage of the open slot for a leader that France has
- Built many cultural aspects, very famous for Versailles. Part of the Bourbon family...ladies man
- Expression of the people's will by direct ballot
5 True/False questions
Charlotte Corday → assassinated Jean-Paul Marat b/c she is convinced that the Jacobins are destroying France
Sans-culottes → Form of government which followed the directory -established by Napoleon-ended when Napoleon was crowned emperor.
Alexander I (of Russia) → Extremists who oppose a change and want to turn the clock back to the time before certain changes occurred
Moderates/"Plain" → This was a political party within the National Convention named because the people that made up this party sat on the highest benches in the assembly hall. These people were the activists within the Convention. The Mountain worried that the Girondists would become conservative because of their already moderate beliefs. Although they were in competition with each other, the Mountain eventually won due to their alliance with the Sans-Culottes, resulting in a more radical group of people. The mountains believed in equal outcome.
Dictatorship → 5 co directors