← Science Chpt 12 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a rootlike structure in nonvascular plants that holds the plants in place & helps plants get water & nutrients.
- b The largest group
- c the male reproductive structure of a flower that produces pollen & consists of an anther at the tip of a filament.
- d the tissue that conducts food in vascular plants.
- e Shrubs that grow in dry areas
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
- Only one living species
- the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.
- a horizontal, underground stem that produces new leaves, shoots, & roots.
- in flowering plants, the lower part of a pistil that produces eggs in ovules.
5 True/False Questions
nonvascular plant → the three groups of plants (liveworts, hornworts,&mosses) that lack specialized conducting tissues & true roots, stems,&leaves.
vascular plant → a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
pistil → the female reproductive part of a flower that produces seeds & consists of an ovary, style,& stigma.
speal → in a flower, one of the outer most rings of modified leaves that protect the flower bud.
Cycads → Grow in the tropics