5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nonvascular & Vascular Plants
- vascular plant
- a a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
- b the male reproductive structure of a flower that produces pollen & consists of an anther at the tip of a filament.
- c 2 groups of seedless plants
- d Shrubs that grow in dry areas
- e Only one living species
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
- a woody,vascular seed plant whose seeds are not enclosed by an ovary or fruit.
- a rootlike structure in nonvascular plants that holds the plants in place & helps plants get water & nutrients.
- the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.
- the tissue that conducts food in vascular plants.
5 True/False Questions
ovary → in flowering plants, the lower part of a pistil that produces eggs in ovules.
speal → in a flower, one of the outer most rings of modified leaves that protect the flower bud.
pollination → the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.
Conifers → The largest group
xylem → the type of tissue in vascular plants that provides support & conducts water & nutrients from the roots.