← Science Chpt 12 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- vascular plant
- Nonvascular & Vascular Plants
- a a horizontal, underground stem that produces new leaves, shoots, & roots.
- b 2 groups of seedless plants
- c a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
- d a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
- e the tissue that conducts food in vascular plants.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The largest group
- Only one living species
- in a flower, one of the outer most rings of modified leaves that protect the flower bud.
- the female reproductive part of a flower that produces seeds & consists of an ovary, style,& stigma.
- the type of tissue in vascular plants that provides support & conducts water & nutrients from the roots.
5 True/False Questions
gymnosperm → a woody,vascular seed plant whose seeds are not enclosed by an ovary or fruit.
petal → one of the ring or rings of the usually brightly colored, leaf- shaped parts of a flower.
Cycads → Grow in the tropics
pollination → the transfer of pollen from the male reproductive structures to the female structures of seed plants.
nonvascular plant → a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.