5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nonvascular plant
- Nonvascular & Vascular Plants
- a the three groups of plants (liveworts, hornworts,&mosses) that lack specialized conducting tissues & true roots, stems,&leaves.
- b the type of tissue in vascular plants that provides support & conducts water & nutrients from the roots.
- c 2 groups of seedless plants
- d a woody,vascular seed plant whose seeds are not enclosed by an ovary or fruit.
- e in a flower, one of the outer most rings of modified leaves that protect the flower bud.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.
- a rootlike structure in nonvascular plants that holds the plants in place & helps plants get water & nutrients.
- Only one living species
- the female reproductive part of a flower that produces seeds & consists of an ovary, style,& stigma.
- a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
5 True/False questions
Gnetophytes → Shrubs that grow in dry areas
Cycads → Grow in the tropics
ovary → in flowering plants, the lower part of a pistil that produces eggs in ovules.
rhizome → a horizontal, underground stem that produces new leaves, shoots, & roots.
vascular plant → the three groups of plants (liveworts, hornworts,&mosses) that lack specialized conducting tissues & true roots, stems,&leaves.