← Science Chpt 12 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the transfer of pollen from the male reproductive structures to the female structures of seed plants.
- b a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
- c a rootlike structure in nonvascular plants that holds the plants in place & helps plants get water & nutrients.
- d a horizontal, underground stem that produces new leaves, shoots, & roots.
- e the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- in flowering plants, the lower part of a pistil that produces eggs in ovules.
- The largest group
- a woody,vascular seed plant whose seeds are not enclosed by an ovary or fruit.
- a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
- Grow in the tropics
5 True/False Questions
Nonvascular & Vascular Plants → the three groups of plants (liveworts, hornworts,&mosses) that lack specialized conducting tissues & true roots, stems,&leaves.
phloem → the tissue that conducts food in vascular plants.
petal → one of the ring or rings of the usually brightly colored, leaf- shaped parts of a flower.
xylem → the tissue that conducts food in vascular plants.
Gingkoes → the tissue that conducts food in vascular plants.