5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does the "pump handle" movement of rib pairs 2 through 7 achieve?
- Which of the following mechanisms is responsible for the creation of the sub atmospheric pressure between the lung and chest wall?
- Which of the following areas is the most ineffective for lung clearance?
- What is the normal CLT?
- Which of the following statements is true of stiff lungs of patients with restrictive disorders?
- a The more elastic the lung, the less its compliance
- b 0.1 L/cm H2O
- c II, III: the lung has a tendency to recoil inward and pull away from the chest wall, the thorax has the tendency to recoil outward, away from the lung
- d Acinus
- e Increase in the anteroposterior diameter of the chest
5 Multiple choice questions
- Abdominal paradox
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Lung compliance
- Soft tissue obstruction
5 True/False questions
You are assisting a PGY-1 surgery resident with the insertion of a chest tube. The resident turns to you asking which border of the rib he should avoid when placing the tube. Your answer should be: → It receives blood from right and left ventricles
What is meant by "internal respiration"? → Exchange of gases between the blood and the tissue [external=in your lungs alveoli to blood]
Which group of cells comprises most of the alveolar surface? → That systemic arterial blood can never have the same partial pressure of oxygen as the alveolar gas
Which group of cells engulfs microorganisms and foreign material in the alveolus? → Type I
Which of the following conditions is characterized by a loss of elastic lung tissue? → Emphysema