5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- When a COPD patient leans forward braced in a tripod position, this lends particular advantage to which accessory muscles of inspiration?
- What is your primary concern if you discover that a patient does not have a gag reflex?
- What is the term that describes the presence of fluid in the pleural space caused by inflammation?
- Which of the following are the main neurotransmitters of the autonomic system?
- The pulmonary arterial circulation does which of the following?
- a pectoralis
- b I and II: Norepinephrine, Acetylcholine
- c II and IV: delivers unoxygenated blood to the lungs, originates on the right side of the heart
- d Fear of aspiration of bacterial or food
- e Pleural effusion
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Transpulmonary pressure gradient (Palv-P pl)
- Continuous absorption of oxygen and excretion of carbon dioxide
- I II III IV: it is predictive of fetal lung maturation, An L/S ratio greater than 2:1 indicates fetal lung maturity in nondiabetic pregnancies, the L/S ratio is falsely high in diabetes, the L/S ratio is generally 2:1 at 35 weeks gestation
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following mechanisms is responsible for the creation of the sub atmospheric pressure between the lung and chest wall? → II, III: the lung has a tendency to recoil inward and pull away from the chest wall, the thorax has the tendency to recoil outward, away from the lung
During each cycle of normal resting ventilation, a volume of gas is moved into and out of the respiratory tract. This cyclical volume is called the: → Flattening of the diaphragm [COPD always flat, asthmatic flat in staticus asthmaticus]
What does the "pump handle" movement of rib pairs 2 through 7 achieve? → Circoid ring
Which of the following is the source of innervation for the lung? → Lower surface tension
Which of the following are true physiological benefits of surfactant? → I II III: it reduces the work of breathing, It reduces the distending pressure required to keep small alveoli open, It provides a stabilizing influence to alveoli of different sizes