5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is the function of the turbinate's?
- By what mechanism does gas exchange across the lung occur?
- What is the term that describes the presence of fluid in the pleural space caused by inflammation?
- During each cycle of normal resting ventilation, a volume of gas is moved into and out of the respiratory tract. This cyclical volume is called the:
- Which of the following are true physiological benefits of surfactant?
- a Increase the surface area of the nasal cavity
- b I II III: it reduces the work of breathing, It reduces the distending pressure required to keep small alveoli open, It provides a stabilizing influence to alveoli of different sizes
- c Pleural effusion
- d Simple diffusion
- e tidal volume VT
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- 1, 3: hypoxemia, fever
- I II III IV: High airway resistance, Weak lung recoil force, High breathing rates, Short expiratory times
- 1 to 2 cm
- Soft tissue obstruction
5 True/False questions
What happens during normal inspiration? → 0.1 L/cm H2O
What is the narrowest portion of the airway in the adult larynx? → Continuous absorption of oxygen and excretion of carbon dioxide
Which of the following conditions is characterized by a loss of elastic lung tissue? → Pulmonary fibrosis
Which of the following signs is not consistent with complete airway obstruction? → Low-pitched snoring sound
Which group of cells comprises most of the alveolar surface? → Type I