5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following are explanations for the left hemi diaphragmatic surface to be slightly lower that the right?
- Which of the following are true physiological benefits of surfactant?
- Change in lung volume resulting from a unit of pressure change is known as which of the following?
- Which of the following structures is an important landmark during the insertion of a tube in the trachea?
- Circulating epinephrine is the only natural mechanism for sympathetic bronchodilation in humans?
- a I. The heart rests on the left half of the diaphragm, pushing it downward. and III. The liver, directly below the right half of the diaphragm, props up this area.
- b I II III: it reduces the work of breathing, It reduces the distending pressure required to keep small alveoli open, It provides a stabilizing influence to alveoli of different sizes
- c Vallecula
- d Lung compliance
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- II and IV: delivers unoxygenated blood to the lungs, originates on the right side of the heart
- Increase the surface area of the nasal cavity
- Transrespiratory pressure gradient (p alv-P ao) [alveoli and airway opening ]
- Abdominal muscles
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is the function of the surfactant? → Lower surface tension
Which of the following mechanisms is responsible for the creation of the sub atmospheric pressure between the lung and chest wall? → Transrespiratory pressure gradient (p alv-P ao) [alveoli and airway opening ]
The intercostal arteries, veins, and nerves run through which of the following? → II and IV: delivers unoxygenated blood to the lungs, originates on the right side of the heart
What does the "pump handle" movement of rib pairs 2 through 7 achieve? → Circoid ring
What is the space that separates the true vocal cords? → Protect the vital organs