5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Compared to a normal diaphragm, contraction of a diaphragm that is low and flat may result in which of the following?
- Which of the following parts of the sternum marks the level of the carina?
- What does the "pump handle" movement of rib pairs 2 through 7 achieve?
- Which of the following structures is an important landmark during the insertion of a tube in the trachea?
- What is the narrowest portion of the airway in the adult larynx?
- a Vallecula
- b Compression of the thoracic cavity
- c Angle of Louis
- d Glottis
- e Increase in the anteroposterior diameter of the chest
5 Multiple choice questions
- It receives blood from right and left ventricles
- I and II: Norepinephrine, Acetylcholine
- Pseudostratified, ciliated columnar with mucous-secreting glands
- Reduces frictions
5 True/False questions
What is the term for the impedance to ventilation caused by the movement of gas through the conducting system of the lungs? → Airway resistance
A rapid, shallow breathing index >100 on mechanically ventilated patients is associated with which of the following? → carina
Running vertically down each hemithorax anteriorly is an imaginary line that is used as an anatomical landmark. What is that line called? → Glottis
What is the leaf-shaped cartilage that extends from the base of the tongue and is attached by ligaments to the thyroid cartilage? → Glottis
Which of the following pressure gradients is responsible for the actual flow of gas into and out of the lungs during breathing? → I and IV: alveolar pressure (P alv) pleural pressure (P pl)