5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Davidic, 2 samuel 7
- Luke 6
- a Which gospel is structured around five discourses of Jesus
- b In the 1st century, Israel was a province of which ancient Empire?
- c Which Israelite covenant most directly contributed to 1st century messianic expectation? where is it located?
- d which passage contains the list of blessings and woes that opens the "sermon on the plain"
- e Which city did Jesus weep over
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Which gospel is the shortest and often thought of be the earliest gospel written?
- who are the 5 women in the genealogy in Matthew
- what do we call material that is that is intended to provide grounds for believing the claims of Christianity
- In the synoptic gospels, in which region did Jesus' ministry begin and in which region does it end?
- According to Mark 8, following Jesus means sacrificing one's _____
5 True/False Questions
Mark and Q → According to the 2 source hypothesis, what are the two major sources Matthew and Luke used to write their gospels
Pharisees → Which Jewish sect was the most influential among the common people of Israel in the 1st century?
Matthew → what name means "accuser" or "adversary" in Hebrew
Apocalyptic → Near the end of the synoptic gospel's, Jesus talks about things to come using elaborate, cataclysmic imagery such as the moon turning to blood.. what is this kind of speech called?
Caiaphus, Herod, Pilate → Before whom did Jesus stand trial?