5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the technical term for the study of the Holy Spirit
- b which gospel is most strongly directed towards jewish readers and focuses on Jesus as the fulfillment of the Old Testament?
- c In the 1st century, Israel was a province of which ancient Empire?
- d what genre are the gospels?
- e which Jewish sect did not believe in resurrection, angels or spirits?
5 Multiple choice questions
- In the synoptic gospels, in which region did Jesus' ministry begin and in which region does it end?
- According to the 2 source hypothesis, what are the two major sources Matthew and Luke used to write their gospels
- At the transfiguration, Jesus spoke with which two OT figures?
- At its most basic level what is unique about the Jewish faith?
- Near the end of the synoptic gospel's, Jesus talks about things to come using elaborate, cataclysmic imagery such as the moon turning to blood.. what is this kind of speech called?
5 True/False questions
Alexander the Great → At the transfiguration, Jesus spoke with which two OT figures?
Jerusalem → Which city did Jesus weep over
satan → what name means "accuser" or "adversary" in Hebrew
Both → which gospel contains the high priestly prayer?
Synoptics → which gospels narrate the last supper?