5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Luke 6
- Matthew and Mark
- a which Gospels narrate the transfiguration
- b Near the end of the synoptic gospel's, Jesus talks about things to come using elaborate, cataclysmic imagery such as the moon turning to blood.. what is this kind of speech called?
- c which passage contains the list of blessings and woes that opens the "sermon on the plain"
- d the technical term for the study of the Holy Spirit
- e The authorship of which synoptic gospel is traditionally ascribed to an apostle?
5 Multiple choice questions
- which of the synoptic Gospels does not contain a genealogy
- Which Jewish sect was the most influential among the common people of Israel in the 1st century?
- Before whom did Jesus stand trial?
- which gospels narrate the temptation of Jesus
- who made up Jesus' inner circle?
5 True/False questions
Alexander the Great → What individual is associated with the spread of Greek culture and ideas throughout the Mediterranean world?
John → Are the four gospels historical documents or theological documents?
Moses and Elijah → According to the 2 source hypothesis, what are the two major sources Matthew and Luke used to write their gospels
Women → who were the first people to see the risen Christ?
Mark 10:45 → where is the verse "the son of Ma came not to be served, but to serve and give his life as a ransom for many" found?