5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Moses and Elijah
- a Which of the gospels contains an account of Jesus' birth featuring the visit of magi, wise men from the east
- b what is the name of the doctrine that God became a human being and "assumed flesh" in Jesus of Nazareth
- c who were the first people to see the risen Christ?
- d which gospels narrate the last supper?
- e At the transfiguration, Jesus spoke with which two OT figures?
5 Multiple choice questions
- who are the 5 women in the genealogy in Matthew
- Near the end of the synoptic gospel's, Jesus talks about things to come using elaborate, cataclysmic imagery such as the moon turning to blood.. what is this kind of speech called?
- in the temptation narratives, Satan offers Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if he (Jesus) will just do what?
- which Gospels narrate the transfiguration
- what name means "accuser" or "adversary" in Hebrew
5 True/False questions
Rome → In the 1st century, Israel was a province of which ancient Empire?
Matthew → The authorship of which synoptic gospel is traditionally ascribed to an apostle?
now jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that jesus is the christ, the son of God and that by believing this you may have life in his name → john 1:14
Mark → which gospel contains the high priestly prayer?
Essenes → Which Jewish sect lived in the wilderness and practiced a radical ascetic lifestyle?