5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a in Quicksort, a "center" value used in partitioning the set to be sorted.
- b the set of values that are the source values of a mapping.
- c a set of values that are the targets of a mapping.
- d to hide similar items with the same name.
- e a contiguous block of memory containing elements of the same type, accessed by numeric index.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to apply a different hashing function to a key when a collision occurs.
- last-in, first out: describes the order of a stack.
- a description of the state of a process, such as a board game.
- a node of a tree that has children.
- 1. in Lisp, the function that constructs a pair of pointers, or basic element of list structure. 2. to make a cons data structure. 3. a cons data structure.
5 True/False Questions
Cartesian product → a node of a tree that has children.
A* → in MapReduce, a program that processes an element of the input and emits one or more (key, value) pairs.
internal sort → a sort using only the main memory of the computer.
intersection → given two sets, the set of elements that are members of both sets.
reference → a pointer to data.