5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Big O
- a a classification of objects into a tree structure that groups related objects.
- b a number that denotes the cost of following an arc in a graph.
- c 1. in Lisp, the function that constructs a pair of pointers, or basic element of list structure. 2. to make a cons data structure. 3. a cons data structure.
- d an abstracted function that describes the amount of computer time or memory space required by an algorithm, as a function of problem size.
- e in a tree, a node pointed to by a parent node.
5 Multiple choice questions
- describes a mapping in which each element of the domain maps to a single element of the range. Also, one-to-one.
- a representation of a graph in which each node has a list of nodes that are adjacent to it, i.e. connected to it by an arc.
- a binary Boolean function whose output is 1 if its inputs are different. Abbreviated XOR.
- a linked list in which the last element points back to the first element.
- the delay between asking for data from an I/O device and the beginning of data transfer.
5 True/False questions
postorder → an order of processing a tree in which the parent node is processed after its children.
sparse graph → an array in which most of the elements are zero or missing.
structure sharing → a case where two data structures share some elements.
binding list → a list structure that represents a set of bindings.
max queue → to combine two ordered linear structures into one.