5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a name for a O(n^2) algorithm
- b a contiguous block of memory containing elements of the same type, accessed by numeric index.
- c a sequence of steps along arcs in a graph.
- d describes a mapping in which each element of the domain maps to a single element of the range. Also, injective.
- e a set of nodes and arcs connecting the nodes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- analysis of a sentence of a language to determine the elements of the sentence and their relationship and meaning.
- an order of processing a tree in which the parent node is processed before its children.
- a sort using external storage in addition to main memory.
- describes a thought experiment or view of an entity.
- an algorithm that always tries the solution path that appears to be the best.
5 True/False Questions
dense graph → a graph such that a large fraction of possible connections among nodes are present, i.e. the number of edges is of the order of the number of vertices squared. cf. sparse graph.
unparsing → converting an abstract syntax tree into a sentence in a language, such as a programming language.
Splay tree → a self-balancing binary tree that places recently accessed elements near the top of the tree for fast access.
intractable → a problem that is so hard (typically exponential) that it cannot be solved unless the problem is small.
depth → a tree node containing a contents value but with no children.