5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
- b lazy, lacking in ambition and energy; inefficient
- c recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger
- d combative; belligerent
- e extravagant exaggeration
5 Multiple choice questions
- To reestablish a close relationship between. To settle or resolve. To bring (oneself) to accept
- having an offensive odor
- To feel or express sorrow or pity for; sympathize with.
- Food for horses or cattle; raw material for a designated purpose
- violate the sacred character of a place or language
5 True/False questions
scant → having an offensive odor
pretense → Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
gumption → Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.
brazen → Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
transient → (adj.) lasting only a short time, fleeting; (n.) one who stays only a short time