5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a To reestablish a close relationship between. To settle or resolve. To bring (oneself) to accept
- b extravagant exaggeration
- c Food for horses or cattle; raw material for a designated purpose
- d Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.
- e combative; belligerent
5 Multiple choice questions
- having an offensive odor
- the act of giving a false appearance
- Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
- recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger
- Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
5 True/False questions
transient → Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
doleful → euphemisms for 'fat'
commiserate → violate the sacred character of a place or language
desecrate → recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger
portly → euphemisms for 'fat'