5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a To reestablish a close relationship between. To settle or resolve. To bring (oneself) to accept
- b lazy, lacking in ambition and energy; inefficient
- c Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.
- d a formal speech praising a person who has died
- e Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- euphemisms for 'fat'
- lacking energy or vitality
- recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger
- filled with or evoking sadness
- Decomposition into fragments or parts; disintegration.
5 True/False Questions
brazen → Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
promontory → euphemisms for 'fat'
pugnacious → combative; belligerent
fodder → Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
desecrate → violate the sacred character of a place or language