5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a To feel or express sorrow or pity for; sympathize with.
- b violate the sacred character of a place or language
- c the act of giving a false appearance
- d lazy, lacking in ambition and energy; inefficient
- e recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger
5 Multiple choice questions
- having an offensive odor
- combative; belligerent
- filled with or evoking sadness
- Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.
- A high ridge of land or rock jutting out into a body of water; a headland
5 True/False questions
stolid → Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
scant → barely sufficient
sodden → Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
dissolution → Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
brazen → Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound