5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- justification by faith
- prayer, fasting, godly virtues
- former honor present humiliation
- Jesus' blood
- a what was tyndale's Parable of the Wicked Mammon about?
- b ridley's clothing represented their _____ _____, while latimer's represented their _______ ________
- c protestant who fled queen mary and england because of persecution
- d in A Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters, More said that reading tyndale's and luther's writings caused people to cast off what 3 things?
- e tyndale's "holy candle"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- who translated the new testament into english from the original greek text?
- what act declared henry VIII the head of the anglican church?
- catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
- the people latimer influenced
- what two things does cramner recite before his death?
5 True/False Questions
humphrey monmouth → tyndale's patron - wealthy merchant and financed tyndale's translation of the bible
utopia → More's serious fantasy about a traveler to a new world
bishop of london → what book did foxe write?
england's ruler cannot be a catholic or be married to one → what two things does cramner recite before his death?
packington → who did henry VIII appoint to become the archbishop of canterbury?