5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- queen mary
- act of supremacy
- king edward's prayer book
- upper class and educated
- a the people radley influenced
- b tried to put an end to protestantism in england, burning 300 protestants at the stake, causing many to leave england
- c what act declared henry VIII the head of the anglican church?
- d another name for the book of common prayer
- e what did a humanist study?
5 Multiple choice questions
- because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?
- 2 reasons the protestant reformation took hold in england:
1. there was a rise of the ______ ______
2. ________ sent out the _______ to spread the gospel
- tyndale's "holy candle"
- foxe's book he wrote while on the continent, aiming to "make england protestant forever" (both titles)
- the two spanish friars who tried to change cramner's mind
5 True/False questions
worchester, preacher, chaplain → latimer: former bishop of _____, influential ______, former _______ of edward VI
he wanted to divorce catherine but the catholic church wouldn't allow divorce → why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?
cramner → pressured to recant for 3 years and gave in
former honor present humiliation → ridley's clothing represented their _____ _____, while latimer's represented their _______ ________
elizabeth I → More was commissioned by the catholic church to write against who?