5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Edward VI
- dr. cole
- upper class and educated
- queen mary
- religious asceticism
- a gave the sermon before cramner's death
- b denying or hurting your body to make yourself more spiritual; More believed in this practice
- c the people radley influenced
- d who was henry's strong protestant son? church of england became protestant under his rule
- e tried to put an end to protestantism in england, burning 300 protestants at the stake, causing many to leave england
5 Multiple choice questions
- what two things does cramner recite before his death?
- latimer: former bishop of _____, influential ______, former _______ of edward VI
- what did a humanist study?
- fanatical persecutor of protestants; defender of catholicism
- who translated the new testament into english from the original greek text?
5 True/False questions
henry VIII → catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
luther's writings → More was commissioned by the catholic church to write against who?
making a living and advancing english protestantism → tyndale's nickname
plain energetic persuasive → tyndale's writing style: ______, ________ language. he was a ______ writer, using scripture and logic
priestly robes → what did foxe refuse to wear?