5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- priestly robes
- lord chancellor
- a fanatical persecutor of protestants; defender of catholicism
- b biblical example dr. smith used to prove that dying for a belief is not as important as the belief
- c pressured to recant for 3 years and gave in
- d More was one of the most powerful men in england because he was the ______ ________ under henry VIII
- e what did foxe refuse to wear?
5 Multiple choice questions
- what did a humanist study?
- latimer: former bishop of _____, influential ______, former _______ of edward VI
- because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?
- foxe's work/goal
- what book did foxe write?
5 True/False questions
tyndale's greatest customer → another name for the book of common prayer
bishop of london → what book did foxe write?
former honor present humiliation → ridley's clothing represented their _____ _____, while latimer's represented their _______ ________
making a living and advancing english protestantism → tyndale's nickname
foxe → protestant who fled queen mary and england because of persecution