5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- howard surrey
- book of martyrs
- england's ruler cannot be a catholic or be married to one
- king edward's prayer book
- a a lasting result of foxe's book of martyrs
- b another name for the book of common prayer
- c foxe tutored the children of henry _______, earl of ________; his children became powerful protestant leaders
- d the name of the textile merchant who convince tunstall to buy tyndale's new testaments
- e what book did foxe write?
5 Multiple choice questions
- queen mary's cousin, under whose rule england returned to protestantism
- how did tyndale die?
- the name of the story about tunstall buying all of tyndale's new testaments, giving him money to revise and reprint
- fanatical persecutor of protestants; defender of catholicism
- tyndale's "holy candle"
5 True/False questions
resigns as chancellor → denying or hurting your body to make yourself more spiritual; More believed in this practice
act of supremacy → what act declared henry VIII the head of the anglican church?
dr. cole → catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
lord chancellor → More was one of the most powerful men in england because he was the ______ ________ under henry VIII
worchester, preacher, chaplain → latimer: former bishop of _____, influential ______, former _______ of edward VI