5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Edward VI
- latimer and ridley
- howard surrey
- plain energetic persuasive
- a foxe tutored the children of henry _______, earl of ________; his children became powerful protestant leaders
- b tyndale's writing style: ______, ________ language. he was a ______ writer, using scripture and logic
- c who was henry's strong protestant son? church of england became protestant under his rule
- d the two men imprisoned by mary I and burned at the stake together
- e who translated the new testament into english from the original greek text?
5 Multiple choice questions
- why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?
- denying or hurting your body to make yourself more spiritual; More believed in this practice
- a lasting result of foxe's book of martyrs
- fanatical persecutor of protestants; defender of catholicism
- biblical example dr. smith used to prove that dying for a belief is not as important as the belief
5 True/False questions
queen mary → tried to put an end to protestantism in england, burning 300 protestants at the stake, causing many to leave england
cramner → More was commissioned by the catholic church to write against who?
packington → who translated the new testament into english from the original greek text?
rising sun of the reformation → what does More do when henry VIII wants to divorce catherine?
justification by faith → because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?