5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- prayer, fasting, godly virtues
- his ability to communicate to the common man
- he wanted to divorce catherine but the catholic church wouldn't allow divorce
- bishop of london
- a why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?
- b who translated the new testament into english from the original greek text?
- c in A Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters, More said that reading tyndale's and luther's writings caused people to cast off what 3 things?
- d radley's title
- e tyndale's strength as a translator
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the people radley influenced
- tyndale's nickname
- foxe's work/goal
- because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?
- latimer: former bishop of _____, influential ______, former _______ of edward VI
5 True/False Questions
book of martyrs → tried to put an end to protestantism in england, burning 300 protestants at the stake, causing many to leave england
to translate scripture for the common man → tyndale's nickname
more → protestant who fled queen mary and england because of persecution
former honor present humiliation → ridley's clothing represented their _____ _____, while latimer's represented their _______ ________
Jesus' blood → what was written during queen mary's reign?