5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- luther's writings
- making a living and advancing english protestantism
- book of martyrs
- a biblical example dr. smith used to prove that dying for a belief is not as important as the belief
- b the bishop of london who ordained foxe as a deacon and eventually ended up in his book of martyrs
- c foxe's two concerns while living on the continent
- d what did More's Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters of Religion say was evil and harmful to the catholic church and society?
- e what book did foxe write?
5 Multiple choice questions
- who was ridley's brother-in-law who brought him provisions?
- debated with tyndale
- latimer: former bishop of _____, influential ______, former _______ of edward VI
- catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
- tyndale's strength as a translator
5 True/False questions
latimer and ridley → the two men imprisoned by mary I and burned at the stake together
bishop of london → radley's title
priestly robes → the bishop of london who ordained foxe as a deacon and eventually ended up in his book of martyrs
prayer, fasting, godly virtues → the two men imprisoned by mary I and burned at the stake together
tyndale → who translated the new testament into english from the original greek text?