5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- rising sun of the reformation
- luther's writings
- he wanted to divorce catherine but the catholic church wouldn't allow divorce
- a tyndale's nickname
- b biblical example dr. smith used to prove that dying for a belief is not as important as the belief
- c what did More's Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters of Religion say was evil and harmful to the catholic church and society?
- d why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?
- e how many languages did tyndale know?
5 Multiple choice questions
- More was commissioned by the catholic church to write against who?
- queen mary's cousin, under whose rule england returned to protestantism
- ridley was dressed in his _____ _______, while latimer was dressed in a ______ ________
- tyndale's strength as a translator
- ridley's clothing represented their _____ _____, while latimer's represented their _______ ________
5 True/False questions
middle class lutheran → More was one of the most powerful men in england because he was the ______ ________ under henry VIII
shipside → More's serious fantasy about a traveler to a new world
religious asceticism → denying or hurting your body to make yourself more spiritual; More believed in this practice
parable of the wicked mammon → tyndale's nickname
dr. cole → gave the sermon before cramner's death