5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Affecting the organs of taste or smell with a sharp acrid sensation.
- b Disposed to fight; pugnacious
- c A short, witty poem expressing a single thought or observation.2. A concise, clever, often paradoxical statement.
- d Bitter, long-lasting resentment; deep-seated ill will.
- e Stopping and starting at intervals
5 Multiple choice questions
- inclined to make trouble; unruly.
- Having or emitting fragrance; aromatic
- Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
- Lacking definite form; shapeless
- A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.
5 True/False questions
languid → lacking energy or vitality
corroborate → To strengthen or support with other evidence; make more certain
cahoots → Devoid of matter; empty.
fortuitous → Of the nature of or constituting an omen; foreboding
peremptory → Putting an end to all debate or action 2. Not allowing contradiction or refusal; imperative