5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a To strengthen or support with other evidence; make more certain
- b Bitter, long-lasting resentment; deep-seated ill will.
- c Rashly or wastefully extravagant
- d Questionable collaboration; secret partnership
- e devoid of inhabitants
5 Multiple choice questions
- Felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another
- ghostly figure
- Going beyond what is right or proper; excessively forward.
- inclined to make trouble; unruly.
- Disposed to fight; pugnacious
5 True/False questions
tumult → The din and commotion of a great crowd
subterfuge → One who acts without moral restraint; a dissolute person
pastoral → Rashly or wastefully extravagant
obstinate → Having qualities or characteristics more often associated with women than men.
wan → Unnaturally pale, as from physical or emotional distress.