5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- characterized by or causing or expressing sadness
- a square piece of cloth used for wiping the eyes or nose or as a costume accessory
- [G] tree-nymphs with beautiful female shapes. There were also mountain nymphs, wood nymphs, stream nymphs, and sea nymphs.
- the chair of state of a monarch, bishop, etc.
- a tall piece of furniture that provides storage space for clothes
5 True/False questions
gloomily → convulsive gasp made while weeping
inquisitive → shelf that projects from wall above fireplace
suit of armour → the chair of state of a monarch, bishop, etc.
dwarf → a legendary creature resembling a tiny old man
nymph → (classical mythology) a minor nature goddess usually depicted as a beautiful maiden