← Ch 6 Religion Test
Ch 6 Religion
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- During the middle Ages, a neighborhood in a city set up by law to be inhabited only by Jews; now used to denote a section of a city in which members of any minority group live because of social, legal, or economic pressure.
- A large and fundamental division within a religion
- A religion that attempts to appeal to all people, not just those living in a particular location.
- A journey to a place considered sacred for religious purposes.
- The doctrine or belief of the existence of only one god.
- The basic unit of geographic organization in the Roman Catholic Church
6 True/False Questions
Autonomous Religion → A religion with a relatively concentrated spatial distribution whose principles are likely to be based on the physical characteristics of the particular location in which its adherents are concentrated.
Denomination → A division of a branch that unites a number of local congregations in a single legal and administrative body.
Fundamentalism → Belief that objects, such as plants and stones, or natural events, like thunderstorms and earthquakes, have a discrete spirit and conscious life.
Cosmogony → A follower of a polytheistic religion in ancient times.
Pagan → The class of distinct hereditary order into which a Hindu is assigned according to religious law.
Solstice → Time when the Sun is farthest from the equator