5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What were the problems of the Articles of Confederation? What success did it have?
- What were the main advantages in favor of the Americans in the war?
- What was Queen Elizabeth's famous quote?
- How did the results of the French and Indian war hurt the relationship between England and its American colonists?
- How were some of the ways the English used to finance their passage to america
- a Americans wanted to be independent but England needed money from taxes from the Americas so they would not let them become independent
- b joint stock companies or to become indentured servants
- c Gave all powers to the states; No central authority; Messed up economy; No central government; Had to ask states for permission to tax and take money. It got us through the revolution
- d "I may not be a lion, but I am a lion's cub, and I have a lion's heart."
- e gurrila warfare- while they lined up to shoot americans hid behind bushes, trees, ect. also we could get troops easyer because our troops were in america wheras they had to ship Eurapean troops from England
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the french were good to the indians so that they could develop a fur trade, but the spanish made the indians their slaves and were very mean to them
- so we could get a national credit
- it was the forceable capture of american soildiers and put into the british navy
- they had no vote in parliment if they had to pay or not and England said they were being represented by other Englishmen
- he kept the u.s nuetral and out of conflict
5 True/False Questions
How did England make up for it naval inferiority with its private fleet? → queen Elizabeth hired private muskateers called the sea doggs to defeat the spanish "invincible" armada
Who was Metacomet? → it was the forceable capture of american soildiers and put into the british navy
the 3 major foreign countries who came to America's aid in terms of national support → France,Spain,Holand
Who was (is) known as the Father of the Country? The Father of the Constitution? The Father of the National Debt? → The 3/5 compromise (all slaves are counted as 3/5 of a person) the Great compromise (a compromise creating the house and senate) and the electoral college
Who led the Protestant Reformation in England? → Henry VIII