5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the lengths of terms of office for President, Senator, Representative, and Supreme Court Judge?
- Who were Washington's cabinet members?
- Tell of the British enforcements of mercantilism and discipline in the years after the French and Indian War?
- A French official at the end of the war
- While Spain came for gold and France set up trading companies, why did England want to start colonies? Why did their people want to leave England?
- a Alexander Hamilton, Henry Knox, something Randolf(idk if u know click edit the password is<3) and Thomas Jefferson.
- b 4 years, 6 years, 2 years, life
- c "They stand no longer in need of her protection. She will call on them to contribute towards supporting the burdens they have helped bring on to her, and they will answer by striking off all dependence."
- d England started colonies so that they could get taxes because they were in debt from the french and indian war but he people went for religious freedom
- e they only allowed trade with england and no other foriegn countries
5 Multiple choice questions
- the french were good to the indians so that they could develop a fur trade, but the spanish made the indians their slaves and were very mean to them
- Spain said it was conquering was for GOD,glory, and gold but they really wanted GOLD, GLORY, and god
- The Sons of Liberty
- it was the forceable capture of american soildiers and put into the british navy
5 True/False questions
What was Salutary Neglect? Why did this end? → Britain basically ignored the colonies before the French and Indian war it ended because England needed tax money from the colonies
What were the Intolerable Acts? → They were passed as a punishment from the Boston Tea Party. The port of Boston was shutdown, colonists couldn't hold town meetings, officers had to be tried in England or Canada, there was a new Quartering Act passed
Where was the first English colony? The first successful English colony? → Roanoke island, Jamestown
Giles Corey → he wrote the pamphlet Common Sense (1776) arguing for American independence from Britain.
What was spectral evidence? → it was the forceable capture of american soildiers and put into the british navy