5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the 3 major foreign countries who came to America's aid in terms of national support
- How were some of the ways the English used to finance their passage to america
- How did England make up for it naval inferiority with its private fleet?
- Who were the major conquistadors of the Spanish explorers, and what people and rulers did they conquer?
- What were the 2 things that the 1st Continental Congress did?
- a queen Elizabeth hired private muskateers called the sea doggs to defeat the spanish "invincible" armada
- b joint stock companies or to become indentured servants
- c they planned to meet again in a year and they created the Olive branch petion
- d France,Spain,Holand
- e Hernan Cortez conqured the Atzecs, and Francisco Pizarro conqured the incas
5 Multiple choice questions
- They were passed as a punishment from the Boston Tea Party. The port of Boston was shutdown, colonists couldn't hold town meetings, officers had to be tried in England or Canada, there was a new Quartering Act passed
- Gave all powers to the states; No central authority; Messed up economy; No central government; Had to ask states for permission to tax and take money. It got us through the revolution
- so we could get a national credit
- Colonists were attacking british troops so they fired in self defense, He said all should be treated equal
- "More weight!"
5 True/False questions
Who were some of the leaders of colonial resistance against the british? → The Sons of Liberty
John Adams, quoting the Marquess di Beccaria → "I would have been content to bring France to her knees, now I will not rest until I have laid her on her back."
What were the three regions of the English Colonies? → middle,south, and north
Under what great queen did England really start to grow? → They were passed as a punishment from the Boston Tea Party. The port of Boston was shutdown, colonists couldn't hold town meetings, officers had to be tried in England or Canada, there was a new Quartering Act passed
What event led to the beginning of the English overtaking the Spanish as a world power? → when queen elizabeth defeated the spanish aramada