5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why was it important to assume all the debts?
- What was impressment?
- Who were some of the leaders of colonial resistance against the british?
- Who was Metacomet?
- While Spain came for gold and France set up trading companies, why did England want to start colonies? Why did their people want to leave England?
- a it was the forceable capture of american soildiers and put into the british navy
- b so we could get a national credit
- c the chief of Wampanoag. he was the war leader of the Wampanoag in King Phillip's war
- d England started colonies so that they could get taxes because they were in debt from the french and indian war but he people went for religious freedom
- e The Sons of Liberty
5 Multiple choice questions
- economic theory where a country's wealth is measured by gold and silver (exporting greater than imports), A crop that is grown to be sold for money instead of being used for personal needs, someone who learns trade from a master crafts person
- Spain, Britain, Holland, France
- Roanoke island, Jamestown
- "We have always governed ourselves."
- Spain said it was conquering was for GOD,glory, and gold but they really wanted GOLD, GLORY, and god
5 True/False questions
what is blue blood? → nobility or social prominence
Why use an Irishman in place of a slave? → They were passed as a punishment from the Boston Tea Party. The port of Boston was shutdown, colonists couldn't hold town meetings, officers had to be tried in England or Canada, there was a new Quartering Act passed
Who led the Protestant Reformation in England? → They were passed as a punishment from the Boston Tea Party. The port of Boston was shutdown, colonists couldn't hold town meetings, officers had to be tried in England or Canada, there was a new Quartering Act passed
John Adams, quoting the Marquess di Beccaria → "If I can be but the instrument of preserving one life, his blessing or tears of transport shall be sufficient consolation to me, for the contempt of all mankind"
what were the French looking for in the colinization of america → the British agreed to give the US the Mississippi River as a western boundary IF the US would sign the treaty ignoring its French allies The US also promised to pay Loyalists for the property they lost or had had destroyed. The British also had to remove all british troops from america