5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was the first person to discover America
- Phyrric victory
- What was impressment?
- What was Queen Elizabeth's famous quote?
- Who was Metacomet?
- a it was the forceable capture of american soildiers and put into the british navy
- b a victory that is exceptionally costly in terms of troops an example is Bunker Hill
- c the chief of Wampanoag. he was the war leader of the Wampanoag in King Phillip's war
- d Lief Ericsson and the Vikings
- e "I may not be a lion, but I am a lion's cub, and I have a lion's heart."
5 Multiple choice questions
- they only allowed trade with england and no other foriegn countries
- economic theory where a country's wealth is measured by gold and silver (exporting greater than imports), A crop that is grown to be sold for money instead of being used for personal needs, someone who learns trade from a master crafts person
- George Washington, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton
- "We have always governed ourselves."
- An elderly but feisty farmer in Salem, famous for his tendency to file lawsuits. His wife, Martha, is accused of witchcraft, and he himself is eventually held in con-tempt of court and pressed to death with large stones and his last words are "more weight"
5 True/False questions
John Adams, quoting the Marquess di Beccaria → An elderly but feisty farmer in Salem, famous for his tendency to file lawsuits. His wife, Martha, is accused of witchcraft, and he himself is eventually held in con-tempt of court and pressed to death with large stones and his last words are "more weight"
In terms of who was in charge, what were the 3 types of colonies started by the English? → The Sons of Liberty
Why were the Americans upset over the taxes that they had to pay? What was the British view on this? → gurrila warfare- while they lined up to shoot americans hid behind bushes, trees, ect. also we could get troops easyer because our troops were in america wheras they had to ship Eurapean troops from England
Talk of the Declaration of Independence - Who wrote it? Why did we need it? → the war put England in debt so they taxed the Americas
Who was at the Constitutional Convention? Who famously wasn't? → all states attended except GA and RI