5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- While Spain came for gold and France set up trading companies, why did England want to start colonies? Why did their people want to leave England?
- How did Adams' handle the XYZ affair?
- A French official at the end of the war
- Who was the first person to discover America
- What was spectral evidence?
- a he kept the u.s nuetral and out of conflict
- b when somebody says that your spector (spirit) assaulted them
- c England started colonies so that they could get taxes because they were in debt from the french and indian war but he people went for religious freedom
- d Lief Ericsson and the Vikings
- e "They stand no longer in need of her protection. She will call on them to contribute towards supporting the burdens they have helped bring on to her, and they will answer by striking off all dependence."
5 Multiple choice questions
- joint stock companies or to become indentured servants
- "If I can be but the instrument of preserving one life, his blessing or tears of transport shall be sufficient consolation to me, for the contempt of all mankind"
- "We have always governed ourselves."
- Royal-ruled by a direct official of the king
Proprietary-ruled by a company
Charter-ruled by a family
- Americans wanted to be independent but England needed money from taxes from the Americas so they would not let them become independent
5 True/False questions
What were the 2 things that the 1st Continental Congress did? → they planned to meet again in a year and they created the Olive branch petion
Why use an Irishman in place of a slave? → they were more desperate for work, they took less pay, and if they died you didn't have to pay them
Why should we admire Giles Corey → An elderly but feisty farmer in Salem, famous for his tendency to file lawsuits. His wife, Martha, is accused of witchcraft, and he himself is eventually held in con-tempt of court and pressed to death with large stones and his last words are "more weight"
William Pitt on the French → "I would have been content to bring France to her knees, now I will not rest until I have laid her on her back."
Who were Washington's cabinet members? → They were passed as a punishment from the Boston Tea Party. The port of Boston was shutdown, colonists couldn't hold town meetings, officers had to be tried in England or Canada, there was a new Quartering Act passed