5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why were the Americans upset over the taxes that they had to pay? What was the British view on this?
- Why use an Irishman in place of a slave?
- Talk of the Declaration of Independence - Who wrote it? Why did we need it?
- Talk of the Triangular Trade
- Why should we admire Giles Corey
- a they had no vote in parliment if they had to pay or not and England said they were being represented by other Englishmen
- b James Madision, because he wanted to declare America separate from England
- c An elderly but feisty farmer in Salem, famous for his tendency to file lawsuits. His wife, Martha, is accused of witchcraft, and he himself is eventually held in con-tempt of court and pressed to death with large stones and his last words are "more weight"
- d they were more desperate for work, they took less pay, and if they died you didn't have to pay them
- e raw materials (cotton, tobacco, rum) from America to Europe, manufactured goods from Europe to Africa, slaves from Africa to the Americas
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- they planned to meet again in a year and they created the Olive branch petion
- "We have always governed ourselves."
- "More weight!"
- they only allowed trade with england and no other foriegn countries
- Spain, Britain, Holland, France
5 True/False Questions
Who was (is) known as the Father of the Country? The Father of the Constitution? The Father of the National Debt? → George Washington, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton
Who was the first person to discover America → Lief Ericsson and the Vikings
What was Salutary Neglect? Why did this end? → Britain basically ignored the colonies before the French and Indian war it ended because England needed tax money from the colonies
How did Washington handle the Whiskey Rebellion → he kept the u.s nuetral and out of conflict
How did the results of the French and Indian war hurt the relationship between England and its American colonists? → Americans wanted to be independent but England needed money from taxes from the Americas so they would not let them become independent