5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- informed consent
- a surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
- b agreement to a medical test or procedure based on understanding of the procedure and its possible consequences and effects.
- c a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
- d localized collection of pus
- e control of bleeding
5 Multiple choice questions
- a cut or tear of the skin.
- to tie off so that it does not bleed.
- keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
- suture material with needle attached.
- instrument used to scrape.
5 True/False questions
debridement → process of removing dead tissue.
forceps → a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
Mayo stand → a small table with a removable tray top that can be positioned at different heights.
approximated → having an opening or whole.
sound → an instrument used to measure a wound the depth of the wound or body cavity.