5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- secondary intention
- a process of removing dead tissue.
- b a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
- c a surgical used to hold open a flap of tissue in order for the doctor to view the area underneath.
- d a wound that heals by granulation.
- e second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
- a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
- instrument used to scrape.
- a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
- feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.
5 True/False Questions
swaged → an instrument used to measure a wound the depth of the wound or body cavity.
excision → a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
laceration → an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
lesion → an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
ligate → an enlargement of tissue often caused by an oil duct in the body becoming clogged.