5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a surgical used to hold open a flap of tissue in order for the doctor to view the area underneath.
- b an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
- c a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
- d second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.
- e suture material with needle attached.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
- to tie off so that it does not bleed.
- control of bleeding
- keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
- a wound in which the edges are approximated during the healing process.
5 True/False Questions
granulation → filling in will granulated tissue instead of the original type of tissue.
dressing → a sterile covering that goes directly over a wound or incision to protect the area and absorb drainage.
incision → cutting out.
excision → cutting out.
approximated → feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.