5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- tertiary intention
- a keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
- b cutting out.
- c filling in will granulated tissue instead of the original type of tissue.
- d third phase of wound healing.
- e a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
- feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.
- a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
- a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
- having an opening or whole.
5 True/False Questions
dressing → an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
retractor → to tie off so that it does not bleed.
suture → surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
proliferation → a cut or tear of the skin.
hemostasis → having an opening or whole.