5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mayo stand
- secondary intention
- a a small table with a removable tray top that can be positioned at different heights.
- b a surgical knife.
- c feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.
- d a wound that heals by granulation.
- e having an opening or whole.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
- a surgical used to hold open a flap of tissue in order for the doctor to view the area underneath.
- filling in will granulated tissue instead of the original type of tissue.
- a cut or tear of the skin.
- an enlargement of tissue often caused by an oil duct in the body becoming clogged.
5 True/False Questions
abscess → a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
approximated → feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.
lesion → a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
suture → surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
proliferation → second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.