5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- secondary intention
- inflammatory response
- tertiary intention
- a process of removing dead tissue.
- b keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
- c first stage of wound healing last 3 or 4 days.
- d a wound that heals by granulation.
- e a sterile covering that goes directly over a wound or incision to protect the area and absorb drainage.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
- a wound in which the edges are approximated during the healing process.
- skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
- a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
- an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
5 True/False questions
cyst → an enlargement of tissue often caused by an oil duct in the body becoming clogged.
curette → instrument used to scrape.
informed consent → agreement to a medical test or procedure based on understanding of the procedure and its possible consequences and effects.
proliferation → second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.
incision → cutting out.