5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- secondary intention
- a a wound that heals by granulation.
- b filling in will granulated tissue instead of the original type of tissue.
- c a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
- d feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.
- e having an opening or whole.
5 Multiple choice questions
- examination of tissue under a microscope to determine if cancerous cells are present.
- first stage of wound healing last 3 or 4 days.
- control of bleeding
- a cut or tear of the skin.
- instrument used to scrape.
5 True/False questions
abscess → a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
debridement → third phase of wound healing.
cyst → an enlargement of tissue often caused by an oil duct in the body becoming clogged.
remodeling → a sterile covering that goes directly over a wound or incision to protect the area and absorb drainage.
excision → a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.