5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who invented the steamboat?
- Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers?
- What were the attributes of Romanticism?
- Who invented the seed drill?
- What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution?
- a 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
- b Robert Fulton (1807)
- c Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- d Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
- e Jethro Tull (1830s)
5 Multiple choice questions
- More people= fewer resources or food
- John Stuart Mill
- An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
- Samuel Morse (1832)
5 True/False questions
What are the factors of production? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic? → Transatlantic cable (1866)
Who invented the steel plow? → Robert Fulton (1807)
What natural resources were vital to the Construction Revolution? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
First sky-scrapper ever? → An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business