5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How did the use of machinery in industry impact workers?
- What was the invention that was important to the Textile Industry? May be considered THE most important one.
- What are the factors of production?
- What were the attributes of Romanticism?
- Who invented the reaper?
- a The cotton gin
- b Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
- c Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
- d Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.
- e Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
- Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
- (1825) things were shipped throughout the US and Europe at a much faster rate.
- Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
5 True/False Questions
What is Capitalism? → Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
What was the other important invention for the Textile Industry? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
Who was the father of modern sky-scrappers and Wainwright Building in St. Louis? → Sewing Machine
Who invented the seed drill? → John Deere
Who invented the steamboat? → Robert Fulton (1807)