← Age of Industry Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who invented the steel plow?
- What was utopian socialism and what were its four stages?
- Who invented the telegraph?
- What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution?
- What was the Malthusian Theory (1798)?
- a More people= fewer resources or food
- b John Deere
- c Samuel Morse (1832)
- d Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
- e 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Coal and iron and steel
- Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
- An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
- Sewing Machine
5 True/False Questions
Results of John Stuart Mill's, and like individuals', work? → Limitations to child labour (8 and up). Children under 13, >8 hours per day.
Who was a famous person who supported better conditions for workers? → John Stuart Mill
Who was the father of modern sky-scrappers and Wainwright Building in St. Louis? → Sewing Machine
What are the factors of production? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
First sky-scrapper ever? → An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business