5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What were the attributes of Romanticism?
- What was the 'breakthrough' invention?
- What was the invention that was important to the Textile Industry? May be considered THE most important one.
- What was the other important invention for the Textile Industry?
- For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic?
- a Transatlantic cable (1866)
- b The cotton gin
- c Sewing Machine
- d Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
- e Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- John Deere
- John Stuart Mill
- Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
5 True/False Questions
What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution? → 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
What is Capitalism? → Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
Who invented the steamboat? → Robert Fulton (1807)
Who was the father of modern sky-scrappers and Wainwright Building in St. Louis? → Louis Sullivan
What were the most important inventions of the Communication Revolution? → Sewing Machine