5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was a famous person who supported better conditions for workers?
- Who invented the steel plow?
- Who invented the steamboat?
- How did the use of machinery in industry impact workers?
- What rose in urban areas (besides population)?
- a Robert Fulton (1807)
- b Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.
- c John Deere
- d John Stuart Mill
- e Sky-scrappers
5 Multiple choice questions
- Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
- Samuel Morse (1832)
- Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
- Louis Sullivan
- Sewing Machine
5 True/False questions
What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution? → 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
What was utopian socialism and what were its four stages? → More people= fewer resources or food
What were the most important inventions of the Communication Revolution? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
What impact did the Stephenson Steam Locomotive have on shipping? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers? → Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.