5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was the father of modern sky-scrappers and Wainwright Building in St. Louis?
- What was the 'breakthrough' invention?
- Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers?
- What rose in urban areas (besides population)?
- What were the attributes of Romanticism?
- a Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
- b Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- c Sky-scrappers
- d Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
- e Louis Sullivan
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
- The cotton gin
- (1825) things were shipped throughout the US and Europe at a much faster rate.
- Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
- Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
5 True/False questions
What natural resources were vital to the Construction Revolution? → Coal and iron and steel
How did the use of machinery in industry impact workers? → Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.
What is Capitalism? → Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
Who invented the steamboat? → Robert Fulton (1807)
What was the other important invention for the Textile Industry? → Sewing Machine