5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the 'breakthrough' invention?
- First sky-scrapper ever?
- For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic?
- How did the use of machinery in industry impact workers?
- Who invented the seed drill?
- a Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
- b Transatlantic cable (1866)
- c Jethro Tull (1830s)
- d Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.
- e Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Louis Sullivan
- Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
- 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
- Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
- Robert Fulton (1807)
5 True/False questions
What natural resources were vital to the Construction Revolution? → Coal and iron and steel
What was the Malthusian Theory (1798)? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
What rose in urban areas (besides population)? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
What is Capitalism? → An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
Who invented the telegraph? → Samuel Morse (1832)