5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was a famous person who supported better conditions for workers?
- What was the 'breakthrough' invention?
- What natural resources were vital to the Construction Revolution?
- Who invented the seed drill?
- What are the factors of production?
- a Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
- b Coal and iron and steel
- c John Stuart Mill
- d Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
- e Jethro Tull (1830s)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
- Louis Sullivan
- The cotton gin
- Transatlantic cable (1866)
5 True/False questions
What was the other important invention for the Textile Industry? → Sewing Machine
What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers? → John Stuart Mill
Who invented the telegraph? → Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
How did the use of machinery in industry impact workers? → Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.