5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic?
- What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution?
- Who invented the telegraph?
- What impact did the Stephenson Steam Locomotive have on shipping?
- What was the other important invention for the Textile Industry?
- a Samuel Morse (1832)
- b 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
- c (1825) things were shipped throughout the US and Europe at a much faster rate.
- d Sewing Machine
- e Transatlantic cable (1866)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
- Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
- Limitations to child labour (8 and up). Children under 13, >8 hours per day.
- John Stuart Mill
- Louis Sullivan
5 True/False Questions
What were the most important inventions of the Communication Revolution? → Sewing Machine
What was utopian socialism and what were its four stages? → Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
What was the invention that was important to the Textile Industry? May be considered THE most important one. → Sewing Machine
How did the use of machinery in industry impact workers? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
What rose in urban areas (besides population)? → Sky-scrappers