5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the factors of production?
- What was the Malthusian Theory (1798)?
- What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution?
- What rose in urban areas (besides population)?
- Who invented the steamboat?
- a Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
- b Robert Fulton (1807)
- c Sky-scrappers
- d More people= fewer resources or food
- e 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
- John Deere
- Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
- Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
- Louis Sullivan
5 True/False Questions
What was the invention that was important to the Textile Industry? May be considered THE most important one. → Sewing Machine
What impact did the Stephenson Steam Locomotive have on shipping? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
What was the other important invention for the Textile Industry? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
Results of John Stuart Mill's, and like individuals', work? → Limitations to child labour (8 and up). Children under 13, >8 hours per day.
For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic? → Louis Sullivan