5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Applicant Pool
- Affrimative Action Plan
- Sexual Harrassment
- All of these would fit into a protected class
- a Which of the following would NOT fit into a protected class? Pregnant Female, 60 year old white male, buddhist monk
- b Those qualified for the job
- c The law that protects workers over 40 is the Equal Pay Act of 1963.
- d Court order requiring hiring of members of a protected class to remedy past discrimination
- e Which type of illegal discrimination is most often concerned with one person?
5 Multiple choice questions
- In general employment law makes it illegal to consider a group characteristic when hiring individuals.
- Are employers allowed to ask questions on an interview that require disclosure of race, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or pregnancy
- Protected classes refers to members of groups that are illegal to discriminate against.
- All the people who work for an employer that has been charged with employment discrimination
- A job requirement may be illegal although it appears on its face to be neutral towards a protected class.
5 True/False questions
Unequal Treatment → Employer treats members of a protected cless less favorably than other employees
True → If a member of a protected class proves disparate treatment, the employer will NOT be liable if it can show the defense of seniority or BFOQ (Bona Fide Ocupational Qualification).
Quid Pro Quo → Exchange of sexual favors for better work status
Disability → Condition that substantially limits a major life activity
Neutral On Its Face → Employer treats members of a protected cless less favorably than other employees