5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Charles Darwin
- *Sierra Club
- Hinton Helper
- Carrie Chapman Catt
- 3/5 Compromise
- a He was a British scientist who was most famous for developing his Theory of Evolution. Besides making a great milestone in the world of science, his theory had an effect on society, which created Social Darwinism.
- b A women's suffrage leader, she was twice the president of the NAWSA She was one of the main people attributed to woman's suffrage.
- c a Southern critic of slavery during the 1850s who wrote a book entitled The Impending Crisis of The South The book put forth the notion that slavery hurt the economic prospects of non-slaveholders, and was an impediment to the growth of the entire region of the South.
- d It was a compromise between the northern states with the southern ones that decided that although slaves were not citizens, each one would count as 3/5 of a man for representation. It got Southern states to ratify the constitution.
- e American environmental organization. Helped promote the protection of the environment and nature.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Document that contained a list of grievances placing the blame on George III. Additionally, it asserted certain natural rights It was the colonies official declaration of rebellion.
- Common law where a judge could release a state prisoner if he was held unlawfully It protected the rights of all and prevented abuse of power.
- They were a radical faction of the Democratic Party that existed from 1835 until the mid-1840s. Martin van Buren incorporated many ideals from the group.
- He was an orator and statesman and a member of the House of Burgesses where he introduced seven resolutions against the Stamp Act. Famous for his comment "Give me liberty or give me death", he also promoted revolutionary ideals.
- The address was Washington's farewell letter that was written by Hamilton and published in newspapers It warned against permanent alliances and political parties.
5 True/False Questions
19th Amendment → Authorized the collection of income tax. This made the rich pay their fair share to the government as well as allowing the Underwood-Simmons Tariff of 1913 to lower many tariffs
Elastic Clause → American environmental organization. Helped promote the protection of the environment and nature.
Recall → An ownership interest in land in which a lessee or a tenant holds real property by some form of title from a lesser or landlord. Many Americans lived with this system in place (agriculturally). Many farmers became bankrupt under Tenancy.
Citizen Grant → Lengthened the Sherman Anti-Trust Act's list of practices that were objectionable and exempted labor unions from being called trusts Displayed the changing attitude towards labor unions.
George III → English monarch at the time of the revolution. He was the main opposition for the colonies due to his stubborn attitude and unwillingness to hear out colonial requests/grievances.