5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A _____________ is a false belief that often accompanies psychotic disorders.
- Andrea experiences extreme anxiety when she approaches any lake. Her therapist suggests that her fear is the result of a traumatic childhood boating accident. The therapist's suggestion reflects a ___________ perspective.
- Psychosocial or environmental stressors belong on which Axis?
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD):
- In _____________, a person exhibits persistently harmful thoughts, feelings, and actions.
- a an anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nightmares, social withdrawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience
- b delusion
- c IV
- d a psychological disorder
- e learning
5 Multiple choice questions
- "word salad."
- bulimia nervosa.
5 True/False questions
PET scans illustrate reduced activation in the ____________ lobes of a murderer's cortex. → an anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nightmares, social withdrawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience
dissociative disorders → disorders in which conscious awareness becomes separated (dissociated) from previous memories, thoughts, and feelings.
Boris is a prolific painter. However, he is also prone to periods of hopelessness and depression, which are followed by periods of mania. It is very likely that Boris is suffering from a(n): → 1.
In ______________, the affected person is aggressive and ruthless, and shows no sign of the conscience that would inhibit wrongdoing. → antisocial personality disorder
Susan has been diagnosed with panic disorder and refuses to leave her home without her husband. She fears any situation in which she cannot escape or find help when a panic attack would strike. Susan suffers from panic disorder with: → agoraphobia.