5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- antisocial personality disorder:
- psychological disorder
- mood disorders
- Although Mark realizes his behavior is unreasonable, he is so distraught by high bridges that he avoids them and takes an unnecessarily lengthy route to and from work each day. Mark appears to suffer from a(n):
- a deviant, distressful, and dysfunctional patterns of thoughts, feelings, or behaviors.
- b psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes. See major depressive disorder, mania, and bipolar disorder
- c the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, with an updated "text revision"; a widely used system for classifying psychological disorders.
- d phobia.
- e a personality disorder in which a person (usually a man) exhibits a lack of conscience for wrongdoing, even toward friends and family members. May be aggressive and ruthless or a clever con artist.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a psychological disorder in which a person loses contact with reality, experiencing irrational ideas and distorted perceptions.
- positive psychological changes as a result of struggling with extremely challenging circumstances and life crises.
- panic attacks.
5 True/False Questions
anorexia nervosa → an eating disorder in which a person (usually an adolescent female) maintains a starvation diet despite being significantly (15 percent or more) underweight.
bulimia nervosa → an eating disorder in which a person alternates binge eating (usually of high-calorie foods) with purging (by vomiting or laxative use), fasting, or excessive exercise.
dissociative identity disorder (DID): → rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Formerly called multiple personality disorder.
Spencer has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. His parents have a difficult time understanding him because his speech is fragmented and bizarre. He jumps from one idea to another, sometimes within sentences, creating a: → "word salad."
phobia → an anxiety disorder marked by a persistent, irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object, activity, or situation.