5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Depression affects women and men in a ratio of:
- Thomas was called into his boss' office last week for once again overstepping the boundaries of his job position. Thomas had told the director of research that he was the one running the show and it would only be a matter of time before he was in his boss' position. When confronted, Thomas told his boss that it was true and no one seems to understand that he is the one in charge. Thomas would be considered to have a:
- dissociative identity disorder (DID):
- mood disorders
- anxiety disorders
- a psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes. See major depressive disorder, mania, and bipolar disorder
- b narcissistic personality disorder.
- c psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety.
- d ...
- e rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Formerly called multiple personality disorder.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- dissociative disorder.
- generalized anxiety disorder.
- flat affect.
- a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more of 3 key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
5 True/False Questions
phobia → a mood disorder marked by a hyperactive, wildly optimistic state.
Trina suffers from depression. Her physician has placed her on an antidepressant called Paxil that will help to increase her ____________ supplies by blocking reuptake so that her receptor sites get enough of this neurotransmitter. → serotonin
mania: → a mood disorder marked by a hyperactive, wildly optimistic state.
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): → an anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nightmares, social withdrawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience
Spencer has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. His parents have a difficult time understanding him because his speech is fragmented and bizarre. He jumps from one idea to another, sometimes within sentences, creating a: → "word salad."