5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD):
- post-traumatic growth
- Several times in the past two months, Petra has experienced a racing heart, intense fear that something horrible is about to happen, and in inability to breath. Petra most likely is suffers from:
- anorexia nervosa
- Boris is a prolific painter. However, he is also prone to periods of hopelessness and depression, which are followed by periods of mania. It is very likely that Boris is suffering from a(n):
- a an eating disorder in which a person (usually an adolescent female) maintains a starvation diet despite being significantly (15 percent or more) underweight.
- b 1.
- c panic attacks.
- d an anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nightmares, social withdrawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience
- e positive psychological changes as a result of struggling with extremely challenging circumstances and life crises.
5 Multiple choice questions
- "word salad."
- flat affect.
- dissociative identity disorder
- disorders in which conscious awareness becomes separated (dissociated) from previous memories, thoughts, and feelings.
5 True/False questions
DSM-IV-TR → a mood disorder marked by a hyperactive, wildly optimistic state.
Although Mark realizes his behavior is unreasonable, he is so distraught by high bridges that he avoids them and takes an unnecessarily lengthy route to and from work each day. Mark appears to suffer from a(n): → phobia.
panic disorder → psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes. See major depressive disorder, mania, and bipolar disorder
medical model → the concept that diseases, in this case psychological disorders, have physical causes that can be diagnosed, treated, and, in most cases, cured, often through treatment in a hospital.
PET scans illustrate reduced activation in the ____________ lobes of a murderer's cortex. → a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more of 3 key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.