5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bulimia nervosa
- anxiety disorders
- Lenore is continually tense and plagued by muscle tension, sleeplessness, and an inability to concentrate. Lenore most likely suffers from a(n):
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- a generalized anxiety disorder.
- b a mood disorder marked by a hyperactive, wildly optimistic state.
- c a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more of 3 key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
- d psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety.
- e an eating disorder in which a person alternates binge eating (usually of high-calorie foods) with purging (by vomiting or laxative use), fasting, or excessive exercise.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Bipolar disorder
- mood disorder in which a person alternates between the hopelessness and lethargy of depression and the overexcited state of mania.
- "word salad."
5 True/False questions
Thomas was called into his boss' office last week for once again overstepping the boundaries of his job position. Thomas had told the director of research that he was the one running the show and it would only be a matter of time before he was in his boss' position. When confronted, Thomas told his boss that it was true and no one seems to understand that he is the one in charge. Thomas would be considered to have a: → narcissistic personality disorder.
PET scans illustrate reduced activation in the ____________ lobes of a murderer's cortex. → an anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nightmares, social withdrawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience
binge-eating disorder → significant binge-eating episodes, followed by distress, disgust, or guilt, but without the compensatory purging, fasting, or excessive exercise that marks bulimia nervosa.
Susan has been diagnosed with panic disorder and refuses to leave her home without her husband. She fears any situation in which she cannot escape or find help when a panic attack would strike. Susan suffers from panic disorder with: → "word salad."
Mrs. Higgins believes that aliens from another planet have removed her stomach and are watching to see how long it takes her to grow another. Mrs. Higgins is most likely suffering from: → schizophrenia.