5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Historically there have been a variety of models used to explain psychological disorders. The ___________ model assumes that mental disorders have physical causes that can be diagnosed and treated.
- Years after he barely survived a terrorist attack that killed his wife and two children, Mr. Puskari suffers recurring flashbacks and frequent nightmares of the event. They render him incapable of holding a steady job. Mr. Puskari is most clearly showing signs of:
- Angel has been arrested for grand theft auto. He claims that it wasn't him and that he knows nothing about the crime as his alter ego must have done it. The court-appointed psychiatrist knows immediately that Angel does not suffer from __________________________ as the host is never co-conscious with the alter egos.
- Psychosocial or environmental stressors belong on which Axis?
- Several times in the past two months, Petra has experienced a racing heart, intense fear that something horrible is about to happen, and in inability to breath. Petra most likely is suffers from:
- a post-traumatic stress disorder.
- b dissociative identity disorder
- c medical
- d IV
- e panic attacks.
5 Multiple choice questions
- psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety.
- Bipolar disorder
- the concept that diseases, in this case psychological disorders, have physical causes that can be diagnosed, treated, and, in most cases, cured, often through treatment in a hospital.
5 True/False questions
PET scans illustrate reduced activation in the ____________ lobes of a murderer's cortex. → frontal
Last year, Nikki was diagnosed with schizophrenia and one of her symptoms is related to inappropriate emotion. She sometimes lapses into a "zombielike" state of apparent apathy known as: → "word salad."
This subtype of schizophrenia is characterized by disorganized speech or behavior, or flat or inappropriate emotion. → a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more of 3 key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
In _____________, a person exhibits persistently harmful thoughts, feelings, and actions. → a psychological disorder
psychological disorder → mood disorder in which a person alternates between the hopelessness and lethargy of depression and the overexcited state of mania.