5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- personality disorders
- ___________ is characterized by moods that alternate between the hopelessness and lethargy of depression and the euphoric, hyperactive state of mania.
- PET scans illustrate reduced activation in the ____________ lobes of a murderer's cortex.
- post-traumatic growth
- This subtype of schizophrenia is characterized by disorganized speech or behavior, or flat or inappropriate emotion.
- a psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning.
- b positive psychological changes as a result of struggling with extremely challenging circumstances and life crises.
- c paranoid
- d frontal
- e Bipolar disorder
5 Multiple choice questions
- psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety.
- a mood disorder marked by a hyperactive, wildly optimistic state.
- a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more of 3 key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
5 True/False questions
medical model → the concept that diseases, in this case psychological disorders, have physical causes that can be diagnosed, treated, and, in most cases, cured, often through treatment in a hospital.
generalized anxiety disorder → psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety.
In an attempt to lose some of the weight gained by binge eating, Melissa uses laxatives and exercises until she is exhausted. Melissa most clearly demonstrates symptoms of: → ...
panic disorder → an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable, minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
Years after he barely survived a terrorist attack that killed his wife and two children, Mr. Puskari suffers recurring flashbacks and frequent nightmares of the event. They render him incapable of holding a steady job. Mr. Puskari is most clearly showing signs of: → post-traumatic stress disorder.