5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are some of the cultural and historical features of Mexico City?
- What are the problems associated with air pollution?
- What was a major motive for Spain to colonize the Americas?
- What happened to Tenochtitlan when the Spaniards arrived?
- a Modern skyscrapers tower over Aztec ruins and Spanish colonial buildings. Mexico City's square is where the center of Tenochtitlan one stood. They have old cathedrals and a palace. Chapultepec Park was once used by Aztec emperors.
- b The Spaniards destroyed it and built Mexico City on the ruins.
- c mineral that is the ore from which aluminum is made
- d Factories and cars that release chemicals and toxins into the air cause air pollution.
- e desire for gold and silver
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Small gold fields have been discovered throughout Central America. Jamaica has major deposits of bauxite. Cuba and the Dominican Republic produce nickel. Trinidad has oil.
- surrounding Lake Maracaibo in Venezuela
- beans, corn, peppers, squash
5 True/False Questions
isthmus → wide fertile grasslands in southern South America
Why is the land so unstable around Mexico City? → It is the second largest urban area in the world after Tokyo.
What kind of climate does the Patagonia have? → a semiarid and arid climate
Including French Guiana, how many countries are in South America? → 13
Name the three great river systems in South America. → surrounding Lake Maracaibo in Venezuela