5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What happened to Tenochtitlan when the Spaniards arrived?
- What is Mexico's most valuable natural resource?
- On what legend did the Aztecs found the town Tenochtitlan?
- What is Colombia famous for?
- a large slums that surround major cities (in Brazil)
- b The Spaniards destroyed it and built Mexico City on the ruins.
- c Their god advised them to build where they saw an eagle eating a snake while perched on a cactus.
- d petroleum
- e emeralds
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the Amazon River Basin
- wide fertile grasslands in southern South America
- The city lies on a dry lake bed, so the soils underneath are soft and unstable.
- desire for gold and silver
- bananas, sugar, cotton, and cocoa beans
5 True/False Questions
What kind of climate does the Patagonia have? → about 36 million people as of 2000
What are the major challenges facing Mexico? → Mexico City has too few jobs so many people live in shacks without electricity and running water. Mexico City also suffers from terrible air pollution. Parts of southern Mexico have inadequate schools and poorly developed telephone communication and transportation.
ecotourism → ocean and weather patterns in which the Southeastern Pacific Ocean is warmer than usual, affecting regional climates
Describe and locate the main languages spoken in the Caribbean. → Spanish is spoken in Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. English is also an official language in Puerto Rico. French and Creole are official languages of Haiti. Creole is a blend of European, African, or Caribbean Indian languages. In Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles, many people speak Papamiento. This creole language combines elements of Spanish, Dutch, and Portugese.
What are the main languages spoken in South America? → Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, English, French, Quechua, Guarani, and Portunol