5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was the capital city of the ancient Aztec empire?
- What is NAFTA?
- What environmental hazards are in this region?
- What effects have earthquakes had on the city?
- Name the major mineral resources in Mexico.
- a This region has volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, and mud slides.
- b North American Free Trade Agreement that lowered tariffs between Canada, Mexico, and the US.
- c silver, gold, iron, lead, mercury
- d Tenochtitlan
- e An earthquake in 1985 damaged much of Mexico City. This informed people of the environmental issues. Efforts were launched to save the Metropolitan Cathedral and improve the city's air quality.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- They are along South America's Pacific Coast.
- rich mineral desposits, fertile soils, climates suitable for farming, rivers, rain forests, gold and silver, copper, iron ore, bauxite, and petroleum
- a narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas
- in the 1530s
- Mexico City has too few jobs so many people live in shacks without electricity and running water. Mexico City also suffers from terrible air pollution. Parts of southern Mexico have inadequate schools and poorly developed telephone communication and transportation.
5 True/False Questions
What is unusual about Mexico's rivers? → emeralds
What is the world's largest tropical humid climate region? → Many island leaders see tourism as the great hope for the future economic growth. Tourism takes land that could be used for farming and the jobs are mostly seasonal and have low pay, though. Tourism does bring needed jobs and reduces unemployment.
Pampas → wide fertile grasslands in southern South America
What are the problems associated with air pollution? → Factories and cars that release chemicals and toxins into the air cause air pollution.
Where do most Central American Indians live? → Guatemala