5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What effects have earthquakes had on the city?
- What are the key natural resources in South America?
- What is unusual about Mexico's rivers?
- a There aren't many and there is no major river system.
- b native
- c special factories in Mexico owned mainly by American companies
- d An earthquake in 1985 damaged much of Mexico City. This informed people of the environmental issues. Efforts were launched to save the Metropolitan Cathedral and improve the city's air quality.
- e rich mineral desposits, fertile soils, climates suitable for farming, rivers, rain forests, gold and silver, copper, iron ore, bauxite, and petroleum
5 Multiple choice questions
- more than 5,000 years ago
- The Greater Antilles include the large islands of Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico. They also include the some 700 islands that make up the Bahamas. The Lesser Antilles include more than 20 small island countries and territories. The Greater and Lesser Antilles are the major island groups of the West Indies.
- They are along South America's Pacific Coast.
- Roman Catholic
- Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, English, French, Quechua, Guarani, and Portunol
5 True/False questions
What was one result of the Mexican revolution → Many island leaders see tourism as the great hope for the future economic growth. Tourism takes land that could be used for farming and the jobs are mostly seasonal and have low pay, though. Tourism does bring needed jobs and reduces unemployment.
What happened to Tenochtitlan when the Spaniards arrived? → The Spaniards destroyed it and built Mexico City on the ruins.
What is the future of tourism in the region? → Many island leaders see tourism as the great hope for the future economic growth. Tourism takes land that could be used for farming and the jobs are mostly seasonal and have low pay, though. Tourism does bring needed jobs and reduces unemployment.
Name 3 factors that explain Mexico's climate. → 1. Pacific subtropical high pressure cell
2. northeast tradewinds
On what legend did the Aztecs found the town Tenochtitlan? → Their god advised them to build where they saw an eagle eating a snake while perched on a cactus.