5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What crops does Central America depend on?
- What is the driest region in South America?
- Where are the Andes Mountains?
- What were the main crops of Mexico's early people?
- a bananas, sugar, cotton, and cocoa beans
- b a narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas
- c Atacama desert of Northern Chile and Southern Peru
- d They are along South America's Pacific Coast.
- e beans, corn, peppers, squash
5 Multiple choice questions
- It is the second largest urban area in the world after Tokyo.
- Mexico gained its independence from Spain.
- a type of tree from which we get cocoa beans
- sugar cane
5 True/False questions
When did farming begin in South America? → more than 12,000 years ago
When did Spanish conquistadores come to Mexico? → more than 5,000 years ago
What are the main languages spoken in South America? → rich mineral desposits, fertile soils, climates suitable for farming, rivers, rain forests, gold and silver, copper, iron ore, bauxite, and petroleum
What is the future of tourism in the region? → One of the region's greatest natural resources is the warm and sunny climate, which attracts millions of tourists. Fertile soils and rich fishing grounds are also natural resources found in the region.
What is unusual about Mexico's rivers? → There aren't many and there is no major river system.