← chapter 13 part 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what are the tissues that secrete chemical messengers?
- Neurotransmitters are strictly restricted to what only?
- there are other types of glands that produce molueces which act very close to their source. these chemical messengers are like hormones but are not called hormones because they do not what?
- what are the two main systems that sllow communication between parts and activities of the body
- How do hormones initiate a response?
- a nervous system and endocrine system.
- b travel throughout the body
- c synaptic cleft
- d by interacting with receptors
- e Glands
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- endocrine glands
- activates or represses them
- exocrine glands
- Up regulation or down regulation
5 True/False Questions
what hormone is a sex hormone such as testosterone estrogen and aldosterone and cortisol? → steroid hormones
where does the specificity of the endocrine system come from? → the receptors
what is an example of an exocrine gland? → the target cells
DNA binding leads to what? → the target cells
which glands only secrete internally → exocrine glands