5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What glands secret substances internally and travel to body through bloodstream
- what are receptor cells known as?
- what hormone group is made of amino acids made from compounds peptides proteins glycoproteins and non steroid lipids
- what hormone is a sex hormone such as testosterone estrogen and aldosterone and cortisol?
- what does the nervous system use as chemical messengers?
- a the target cells
- b endocrine glands
- c neurotransmitters
- d steroid hormones
- e non steroid hormones
5 Multiple choice questions
- exocrine glands
- synaptic cleft
- Up regulation or down regulation
- nervous system and endocrine system.
5 True/False questions
when hormones bind to receptors within cell and activate DNA BINDING, what does that do to the gene? → steroid and non steroid
what is an example of an exocrine gland? → the sweat glands in our skin
what group of hormones is made of lipids dervied from cholesterol? → Steroids
DNA binding leads to what? → increase or decrease in protein synthesis
what are the tissues that secrete chemical messengers? → Glands