5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Where do actions of hormones take place
- True or false, the number of receptors made by the cell can be increased or decreased
- Since steroid and thyroid hormones are bound to carrier proteins as they move through bloodstream, what does this say about them?
- what are receptor cells known as?
- what hormone is a sex hormone such as testosterone estrogen and aldosterone and cortisol?
- a they are insoluble in water
- b within target cells!
- c True
- d steroid hormones
- e the target cells
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- by interacting with receptors
- travel throughout the body
5 True/False Questions
What glands secret substances internally and travel to body through bloodstream → endocrine glands
What is it called when the number of receptors made by the cell are increased or decreased → True
what are the tissues that secrete chemical messengers? → Glands
where does the specificity of the endocrine system come from? → within target cells!
which glands secrete their materials through ducts and body surfaces either internal or external - NOT hormones → exocrine glands