5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Where do actions of hormones take place
- there are other types of glands that produce molueces which act very close to their source. these chemical messengers are like hormones but are not called hormones because they do not what?
- which glands secrete their materials through ducts and body surfaces either internal or external - NOT hormones
- the endocrine system uses chemical messengers called what?
- which glands only secrete internally
- a within target cells!
- b endocrine glands
- c travel throughout the body
- d hormones
- e exocrine glands
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- non steroid hormones
- steroid and non steroid
- increase or decrease in protein synthesis
- steroid hormones
- the target cells
5 True/False Questions
when hormones bind to receptors within cell and activate DNA BINDING, what does that do to the gene? → steroid and non steroid
Neurotransmitters are strictly restricted to what only? → synaptic cleft
What glands secret substances internally and travel to body through bloodstream → exocrine glands
what group of hormones is made of lipids dervied from cholesterol? → Steroids
where does the specificity of the endocrine system come from? → within target cells!