5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- which glands secrete their materials through ducts and body surfaces either internal or external - NOT hormones
- what are the tissues that secrete chemical messengers?
- what are the two main systems that sllow communication between parts and activities of the body
- Where do actions of hormones take place
- Neurotransmitters are strictly restricted to what only?
- a nervous system and endocrine system.
- b within target cells!
- c exocrine glands
- d Glands
- e synaptic cleft
5 Multiple choice questions
- travel throughout the body
- the target cells
- increase or decrease in protein synthesis
- by interacting with receptors
- the sweat glands in our skin
5 True/False questions
what group of hormones is made of lipids dervied from cholesterol? → by interacting with receptors
What is it called when the number of receptors made by the cell are increased or decreased → Up regulation or down regulation
Hormones are divided into 2 main groups, what are they? → steroid and non steroid
what does the nervous system use as chemical messengers? → neurotransmitters
True or false, the number of receptors made by the cell can be increased or decreased → Up regulation or down regulation