5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what are receptor cells known as?
- the endocrine system uses chemical messengers called what?
- Where do actions of hormones take place
- what are the two main systems that sllow communication between parts and activities of the body
- Neurotransmitters are strictly restricted to what only?
- a hormones
- b synaptic cleft
- c within target cells!
- d nervous system and endocrine system.
- e the target cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- the receptors
- exocrine glands
- by interacting with receptors
5 True/False questions
What is it called when the number of receptors made by the cell are increased or decreased → Up regulation or down regulation
What glands secret substances internally and travel to body through bloodstream → exocrine glands
which glands secrete their materials through ducts and body surfaces either internal or external - NOT hormones → exocrine glands
what hormone group is made of amino acids made from compounds peptides proteins glycoproteins and non steroid lipids → non steroid hormones
when hormones bind to receptors within cell and activate DNA BINDING, what does that do to the gene? → steroid and non steroid