5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- DNA binding leads to what?
- which glands excrete both internally and externally
- there are other types of glands that produce molueces which act very close to their source. these chemical messengers are like hormones but are not called hormones because they do not what?
- Where do actions of hormones take place
- which glands only secrete internally
- a exocrine glands
- b increase or decrease in protein synthesis
- c within target cells!
- d endocrine glands
- e travel throughout the body
5 Multiple choice questions
- exocrine glands
- activates or represses them
- they are insoluble in water
- by interacting with receptors
5 True/False questions
Neurotransmitters are strictly restricted to what only? → synaptic cleft
what are the two main systems that sllow communication between parts and activities of the body → nervous system and endocrine system.
True or false, the number of receptors made by the cell can be increased or decreased → Up regulation or down regulation
what hormone group is made of amino acids made from compounds peptides proteins glycoproteins and non steroid lipids → non steroid hormones
what hormone is a sex hormone such as testosterone estrogen and aldosterone and cortisol? → steroid hormones