5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- which glands excrete both internally and externally
- How do hormones initiate a response?
- what does the nervous system use as chemical messengers?
- what group of hormones is made of lipids dervied from cholesterol?
- which glands only secrete internally
- a Steroids
- b endocrine glands
- c exocrine glands
- d by interacting with receptors
- e neurotransmitters
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- steroid hormones
- nervous system and endocrine system.
- non steroid hormones
- they are insoluble in water
5 True/False Questions
True or false, the number of receptors made by the cell can be increased or decreased → True
What is it called when the number of receptors made by the cell are increased or decreased → Up regulation or down regulation
what are receptor cells known as? → increase or decrease in protein synthesis
DNA binding leads to what? → the target cells
where does the specificity of the endocrine system come from? → the receptors