5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- brain, relax
- a In order to breath signals from your __________ tell muscles in your chest and abdomen to contract and __________.
- b In your respiratory pictures what is letter "S" pointing to?
- c If carbon dioxide levels in the blood increase, your breathing rate __________.
- d The air pressure in the chest cavity decreases when you __________.
- e The trachea connects to two short branches called __________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The lungs are made up of masses of __________.
- A disease called __________ is a disease of the alveoli, which causes the alveoli to enlarge and fail to function effectively.
- A breathing disorder called __________ occurs when bronchial tubes contract quickly, causing a shortness of breath, wheezing, or coughing.
- The process that cells use where oxygen is used to release energy from glucose is called __________ __________.
- Smaller tubes that branch off of the bronchi in the lungs are called __________.
5 True/False questions
trachea → The trachea connects to two short branches called __________.
breathing → The movement of the chest that brings air into the lungs and removes waste gases is called __________.
diffusion → The process of __________ is how oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules through the walls of the alveoli and capillaries.
epiglottis → When a person has chronic bronchitis excess coughing can damage __________ and form scar tissue.
pneumonia → The greatest contributing factor of lung cancer is __________.