5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A special celebrated anniversary, especially a fiftieth anniversary.
- b adjective: Unreasonably irritable or very ill-tempered. (fractious, querulous, choleric, churlish).
- c adjective: Impossible to limit or circumscribe; limitless.
- d verb: To draw back from or shy away from, as from fear.
- e noun: A preceding circumstance.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: An incidental payment, benefit, privilege, or advantage above and beyond regular salary, compensation, income, or wages.
- noun: The ringing or sounding of bells.
- verb: To sap strength from; to weaken. (attenuate, enervate).
- noun: A lover or collector of books.
- noun: One who cuts, polishes, or engraves gems.
adjective: Marked by conciseness, precision, or refinement of expression.
5 True/False questions
Caucus → noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
Prolix → adjective: Performed with natural ease. (Unctuous)
Idiosyncratic → verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.
Totem → noun: Anything serving as a distinctive, often venerated, emblem or symbol.
Edifice → noun: A clever trick or stratagem. (chicanery, guile, legerdemain, pretense).