5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A preceding circumstance.
- b adjective: Characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect.
- c noun: A special celebrated anniversary, especially a fiftieth anniversary.
- d adjective: Putting an end to all debate or action.
- e noun: A building, especially one of large size or imposing appearance.
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Not to be endured; intolerable; unbearable.
- noun: A meeting of party leaders to select candidates.
- verb: To make or set apart as holy. (Sanctify)
- noun: A clever trick or stratagem. (chicanery, guile, legerdemain, pretense).
- noun: Anything serving as a distinctive, often venerated, emblem or symbol.
5 True/False questions
Hoary → adjective: Ancient or venerable; ancient.
Hew → adjective: Performed with natural ease. (Unctuous)
Perorate → verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.
Pejorative → verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.
Idiosyncratic → adjective: Characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect.