5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: The ringing or sounding of bells.
- b noun: Something, such as a belief or an institution, that elicits blind and destructive devotion or to which people are ruthlessly sacrificed.
- c noun: Authoritative and complete; final.
- d adjective: Characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect.
- e noun: A clever trick or stratagem. (chicanery, guile, legerdemain, pretense).
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To draw back from or shy away from, as from fear.
- adjective: Indicating sexual interest. (wanton; lewd; salacious)
- adjective: Having, or characterized by, a disparaging, derogatory, or belittling effect, tone, or force.
- noun: A preceding circumstance.
- noun: A special celebrated anniversary, especially a fiftieth anniversary.
5 True/False questions
Insufferable → adjective: Impossible to limit or circumscribe; limitless.
Farcical → adjective: Broadly or extravagantly humorous.
Anthropomorphic → adjective: Attribution to human motivation, characteristics, or behavior towards, objects, animals, or natural phenomena.
Caucus → noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
Peremptory → verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.