5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a verb: To draw back from or shy away from, as from fear.
- b noun/verb: The use of obstructionist tactics for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
- c noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
- d noun: The ringing or sounding of bells.
- e noun: A clever trick or stratagem. (chicanery, guile, legerdemain, pretense).
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To make or shape with an ax.
- noun: A building, especially one of large size or imposing appearance.
- adjective: Characterized by a habit, mannerism, or other physical or mental behavior.
- adjective: Putting an end to all debate or action.
- adjective: Characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect.
5 True/False questions
Anthropomorphic → adjective: Characterized by a habit, mannerism, or other physical or mental behavior.
Facade → noun: A superficial appearance or illusion of something.
Hallow → noun: Exasperation; vexation; irritation or annoyance.
Perquisite → verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.
Debilitate → noun: Authoritative and complete; final.