5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A preceding circumstance.
- b noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
- c adjective: Unreasonably irritable or very ill-tempered. (fractious, querulous, choleric, churlish).
- d noun: A special celebrated anniversary, especially a fiftieth anniversary.
- e verb: To make or shape with an ax.
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To sap strength from; to weaken. (attenuate, enervate).
- noun: Exasperation; vexation; irritation or annoyance.
- noun: A lover or collector of books.
- noun: The ringing or sounding of bells.
- verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.
5 True/False questions
Peremptory → adjective: Putting an end to all debate or action.
Glib → noun: Exasperation; vexation; irritation or annoyance.
Blanch → verb: To draw back from or shy away from, as from fear.
Anthropomorphic → adjective: Characterized by a habit, mannerism, or other physical or mental behavior.
Farcical → noun: A superficial appearance or illusion of something.