5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A clever trick or stratagem. (chicanery, guile, legerdemain, pretense).
- b adjective: Indicating sexual interest. (wanton; lewd; salacious)
- c verb: To make or shape with an ax.
- d verb: To draw back from or shy away from, as from fear.
- e adjective: Not to be endured; intolerable; unbearable.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A building, especially one of large size or imposing appearance.
- noun: Exasperation; vexation; irritation or annoyance.
- noun: A meeting of party leaders to select candidates.
- noun: Something, such as a belief or an institution, that elicits blind and destructive devotion or to which people are ruthlessly sacrificed.
- noun: A superficial appearance or illusion of something.
5 True/False questions
Antediluvian → adjective: Very old, old-fashioned, out of date.
Jubilee → noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
Hoary → adjective: Ancient or venerable; ancient.
Petulant → verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.
Farcical → adjective: Broadly or extravagantly humorous.