5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A building, especially one of large size or imposing appearance.
- b noun: Anything serving as a distinctive, often venerated, emblem or symbol.
- c noun: Exasperation; vexation; irritation or annoyance.
- d adjective: Ancient or venerable; ancient.
- e adjective: Characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A clever trick or stratagem. (chicanery, guile, legerdemain, pretense).
- adjective: Not to be endured; intolerable; unbearable.
- adjective: Having, or characterized by, a disparaging, derogatory, or belittling effect, tone, or force.
- noun: The ringing or sounding of bells.
- verb: To sap strength from; to weaken. (attenuate, enervate).
5 True/False questions
Caucus → noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
Blanch → adjective: Ancient or venerable; ancient.
Farcical → adjective: Broadly or extravagantly humorous.
Hallow → noun: Exasperation; vexation; irritation or annoyance.
Lascivious → adjective: Indicating sexual interest. (wanton; lewd; salacious)