5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.
- b noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
- c noun: Strong or fixed dislike; a feeling of repugnance.
- d adjective: Tireless; incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued.
- e noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- adjective: Composed of unlike parts.
- adjective: Totally safe from attack; invulnerable; impervious to outside influence.
- verb: To call into question; to challenge an argument; to attack verbally; to attack as false.
- adjective: Irrelevant; unrelated; unnecessary; inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand.
5 True/False Questions
Deciduous → adjective: Losing leaves in the fall; short-lived; temporary. (evanescent).
Conciliate → verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
Cogent → adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
Homage → verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
Abnegate → adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.