5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Au courant
- a verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
- b adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- c adjective: Composed of unlike parts.
- d verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- e adjective: Losing leaves in the fall; short-lived; temporary. (evanescent).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adjective: Totally safe from attack; invulnerable; impervious to outside influence.
- verb: To call into question; to challenge an argument; to attack verbally; to attack as false.
- noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
- adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.
- adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
5 True/False Questions
Imprecation → noun: A curse.
Aberration → noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
Felicitous → adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
Indefatigable → adjective: Tireless; incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued.
Extraneous → adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.