5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
- b noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
- c noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
- d verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- e noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adjective: Secret; characterized by stealth; expressive of hidden motives or purposes. (surreptitious).
- adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).
- adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.
- noun: A curse.
- adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
5 True/False Questions
Founder → verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.
Homage → verb: To call into question; to challenge an argument; to attack verbally; to attack as false.
Extraneous → adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.
Abnegate → verb: To deny (something) to oneself; restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure. (ascetic).
Ablution → noun: Strong or fixed dislike; a feeling of repugnance.