5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
- b verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- c noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
- d verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.
- e verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Secret; characterized by stealth; expressive of hidden motives or purposes. (surreptitious).
- adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
- adjective: Irrelevant; unrelated; unnecessary; inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand.
- noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).
5 True/False questions
Impudent → adjective: Arrogant; audacious; characterized by an offensive boldness. (insolent, impertinent).
Ethos → noun: The disposition, character, or fundamental values and beliefs peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement.
Euphemism → noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
Bourgeois → noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
Impregnable → adjective: Totally safe from attack; invulnerable; impervious to outside influence.