5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.
- b noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
- c adjective: Proportional; corresponding in size or degree; proportionate.
- d noun: A curse.
- e noun: Public honor, recognition, or respect. (encomium).
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Arrogant; audacious; characterized by an offensive boldness. (insolent, impertinent).
- noun: Symbolic representation; an extended metaphor in narrative form.
- adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- noun: The disposition, character, or fundamental values and beliefs peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement.
- verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.
5 True/False questions
Extemporaneous → adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.
Allay → noun: Symbolic representation; an extended metaphor in narrative form.
Aversion → noun: Strong or fixed dislike; a feeling of repugnance.
Ablution → noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
Cogent → adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.