5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a adjective: Secret; characterized by stealth; expressive of hidden motives or purposes. (surreptitious).
- b verb: To lessen the intensity of severity of, to ease or sooth; to calm or pacify. (assuage, abate, alleviate, mitigate, mollify, pacify).
- c noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).
- d verb: To deny (something) to oneself; restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure. (ascetic).
- e adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.
- noun: Symbolic representation; an extended metaphor in narrative form.
- adjective: Tireless; incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued.
- adjective: Slow; tending to or inclined to delay or postpone; procrastinating.
5 True/False Questions
Ablution → noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
Ethos → noun: The disposition, character, or fundamental values and beliefs peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement.
Heterogeneous → adjective: Irrelevant; unrelated; unnecessary; inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand.
Bourgeois → verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.
Extraneous → adjective: Irrelevant; unrelated; unnecessary; inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand.