5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Composed of unlike parts.
- b verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- c adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
- d verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.
- e adjective: Slow; tending to or inclined to delay or postpone; procrastinating.
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Proportional; corresponding in size or degree; proportionate.
- verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
- noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
- adjective: Arrogant; audacious; characterized by an offensive boldness. (insolent, impertinent).
- noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
5 True/False questions
Indefatigable → verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.
Allay → verb: To lessen the intensity of severity of, to ease or sooth; to calm or pacify. (assuage, abate, alleviate, mitigate, mollify, pacify).
Aberration → noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
Bourgeois → noun: Public honor, recognition, or respect. (encomium).
Alacrity → noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).