5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Au courant
- a verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- b adjective: Slow; tending to or inclined to delay or postpone; procrastinating.
- c adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- d adjective: Losing leaves in the fall; short-lived; temporary. (evanescent).
- e adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
- noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
- adjective: Secret; characterized by stealth; expressive of hidden motives or purposes. (surreptitious).
- noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
- adjective: Tireless; incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued.
5 True/False Questions
Ethos → noun: The disposition, character, or fundamental values and beliefs peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement.
Imprecation → noun: A curse.
Commensurate → adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).
Conciliate → verb: To deny (something) to oneself; restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure. (ascetic).
Cogent → adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).