5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Au courant
- a adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- b noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
- c adjective: Arrogant; audacious; characterized by an offensive boldness. (insolent, impertinent).
- d adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- e noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- verb: To lessen the intensity of severity of, to ease or sooth; to calm or pacify. (assuage, abate, alleviate, mitigate, mollify, pacify).
- adjective: Proportional; corresponding in size or degree; proportionate.
- noun: Public honor, recognition, or respect. (encomium).
- noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
5 True/False questions
Iniquity → noun: Sin; an evil act; gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.
Abnegate → adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
Cogent → adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).
Austere → adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
Indefatigable → adjective: Tireless; incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued.