6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- This legislation calls for the provision of a safe and healthy workplace for workers.
- It was developed in 1972 to protect the Nation's water ways and to stop pollution from being directly discharged into open waters.
- CITES established a system of laws and controls over the international trade of threatened plant and wildlife.
- This international agreement establishes specific jurisdictional limits on the ocean area that countries may claim, including a 12-mile territorial sea limit and a 200-mile exclusive economic zone limit
- This early environmental law makes commercial hunting a thing of the past.
- Sets standards for contaminants in the public water supply
5 True/False Questions
The Oil Pollution Act of 1990 → This legislation was created in response to the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.
National Environmental Policy Act → This law requires an environmental impact statement to be done prior to any governmental construction.
Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act → This legislation not only protects plants and animals but also the "critical Habitat" that those organisms need for survival.
The Clean Air Act → It was developed in 1972 to protect the Nation's water ways and to stop pollution from being directly discharged into open waters.
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act → The RCRA was created to monitor the creation, use, and disposal of hazardous waste from 'cradle to grave'.