← Vocab #1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Foreign direct investment
- human development index
- immanuel wallterstein's world systems theory
- third world
- purchasing power parity
- a core- economic powers, Periphery- poor LDC's, semi-periphery-between cor/periphery
- b a joint venture between a foreign company and a United States company
- c underdeveloped and developing countries of Asia and Africa and Latin America collectively
- d a measure of quality of life using life expectancy, child survival, adult literacy, childhood education, gender equity and access to clan water and sanitation as well as income.
- e a measure of how many units of currency are needed in one country to buy the amount of goods and services that one unit of currency will buy in another country
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- geographical economic theory that refers to how the price and demand on real estate changes as the distance towards the Central Business District (CBD) increases.
- giving small loans to people who cannot get money the normal ways
- The point at which a cargo is unloaded and broken up into smaller units prior to delivery, minimizing transport costs. This frequently happens at waterfront sites where imports are often processed to cut costs. In consequence, processing industries are common at many break-of-bulk points, such as oil refining at tanker terminals like Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire, UK. Costs are incurred through goods being transferred from one mode of transport to another at break-of-bulk points.
- the act of collecting in a mass
- traditional society, preconditions for take-off, take-off, drive to maturity, age of high mass consumption
5 True/False Questions
relatively developed country → between mdc and ldc
technology gap → The contrast between the technology available in developed core regions and that present in peripheral areas of underdevelopment.
acid rain → rain containing acids that form in the atmosphere when industrial gas emissions (especially sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides) combine with water
assembly line production → pollution of the atmosphere
air pollution → pollution of the atmosphere