5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (n.) someone or something that is abandoned or neglected; (adj.) left abandoned; neglectful of duty
- b to fight or quarrel over something silly
- c institute, enact, or establish
- d (adj.) peaceable, friendly
- e N: imperfect, incomplete, slight, superficial; SYN: scrappy, shallow, skimpy; ANT; perfected with no mistakes; SEN: McDonalds' meals are always so gross and _____!
5 Multiple choice questions
- courage and fortitude
- v. to rule over arbitrarily or tyrannically
- the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group
- refuse to accept
- the sill of a doorway; a house's or building's entrance; any point of beginning or entering
5 True/False questions
enact → avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
sneer → (v.) To look down on with scorn; to mock or insult by words or manner. (n.) A scornful look; a mocking or insulting remark.
snicker → to laugh in a half-suppressed way, a disrespectful laugh, laugh quietly
faux pas → (adj.) not strict, careless; lacking discipline; not tense, relaxed
tyrant → A ruler or person who has complete power and uses it in cruel or unjust ways.