5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a noun: Extreme and aggressive nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy. (bellicosity)
- b adjective: Impossible to penetrate; incapable of being influence, persuaded, or affected. (impermeable, impregnable, immutable)
- c noun: False rumor, damaging report, slander. (calumny)
- d adjective: Thick-skinned; insensitive; emotionally hardened.
- e adjective: Tearful; mournful; inclined to weep. (maudlin)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adjective: Being or characteristic of or appropriate to everyday language.
- noun: The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language; a roundabout expression. (discursive)
- adjective: Using few words. (taciturn)
- verb: To catch sight of; to detect or perceive.
- adjective: Very talkative. (garrulous, voluble)
5 True/False Questions
Clandestine → verb: To grow together or cause to unite as one; to conjoin.
Divisive → adjective: Creating disunity or conflict; creating dissension or discord.
Deviation → noun: The entire vocabulary encompassing a nation, a person, a group, a subject, or a language.
Inchoate → adjective: Imperfectly formed or formulated; in an initial or early stage. (incipient, embryonic, nascent)
Consanguineous → adjective: Of the same origin; related by blood.