5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A written attack using satire.
- b adjective: Imperfectly formed or formulated; in an initial or early stage. (incipient, embryonic, nascent)
- c noun: A restless, disordered, or tumultuous state of affairs; turmoil.
- d adjective: Tearful; mournful; inclined to weep. (maudlin)
- e noun: Extreme and aggressive nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy. (bellicosity)
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Quick to act without thinking; impulsive; characterized by sudden or forceful energy or emotion.(extemporaneous)
- noun: Act of plotting or scheming. (Chicanery, guile)
- noun: False rumor, damaging report, slander. (calumny)
- adjective: Creating disunity or conflict; creating dissension or discord.
- adjective: Thick-skinned; insensitive; emotionally hardened.
5 True/False questions
Vernacular → verb: To produce; to cause or create; to bring about.
Juxtapose → noun: Fame, glory, honor (encomium, homage)
Laconic → adjective: Using few words. (taciturn)
Eponymous → noun: A particular period of history, especially one considered remarkable or noteworthy.
Kudos → noun: Help; relief; aid; assistance.