5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: Help; relief; aid; assistance.
- b adjective: The name of a person for whom something is supposedly named in their honor.
- c noun: The doctrine that God is the transcended reality of which the material universe and human beings are only manifestations.
- d noun: The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language; a roundabout expression. (discursive)
- e adjective: Tearful; mournful; inclined to weep. (maudlin)
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Creating disunity or conflict; creating dissension or discord.
- adjective: Impossible to penetrate; incapable of being influence, persuaded, or affected. (impermeable, impregnable, immutable)
- noun: Extreme and aggressive nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy. (bellicosity)
- verb: To produce; to cause or create; to bring about.
- adjective: Imperfectly formed or formulated; in an initial or early stage. (incipient, embryonic, nascent)
5 True/False questions
Epilogue → noun: A particular period of history, especially one considered remarkable or noteworthy.
Kudos → noun: Fame, glory, honor (encomium, homage)
Aspersion → noun: False rumor, damaging report, slander. (calumny)
Juxtapose → verb: To place side-by-side, especially for comparison or contrast.
Maelstrom → verb: To catch sight of; to detect or perceive.