5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Characterized by or indulging vular, lewd humor.
- b adjective: Caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuits of unreachable goals.
- c noun: Elaborate praises or laudation. (encomium, homage, kudos)
- d noun: A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.
- e verb: To soften, make milder; to moderate. (assuage, allay, extenuate, palliate)
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Fearlessly daring; invulnerable to fear or intimidation. (inexorable)
- verb: to pay off or liquidate.
- adjective: Occurring daily; commonplace. (banal, diurnal)
- adjective: Marked by a disposition to find and point out trivial faults.
- verb: To praise highly. (exalt, glorify)
5 True/False questions
Obstreperous → adjective: Neither genuine, authentic, nor true;
Insidious → adjective: Marked by a disposition to find and point out trivial faults.
Candor → noun: Honesty or expression.
Spurious → adjective: Marked by a disposition to find and point out trivial faults.
Legerdemain → noun: Trickery; sleight of hand. (chicanery, guile)