5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A quality that arouses pity, sympathy, tenderness, or sorrow.
- b noun: A model or pattern of excellence or perfection; an archetype.
- c noun: Honesty or expression.
- d verb: To submit utterly and completely. (acquiesce).
- e adjective: Unfeeling; without sensation. (callous)
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.
- noun: Trickery; sleight of hand. (chicanery, guile)
- noun: The belief that existence and all traditional values are meaningless.
- noun: One who tells stories and anecdotes with skill and wit.
- verb: To praise highly. (exalt, glorify)
5 True/False questions
Quixotic → adjective: Occurring daily; commonplace. (banal, diurnal)
Insidious → adjective: Fearlessly daring; invulnerable to fear or intimidation. (inexorable)
Endemic → adjective: Hostile; unfriendly.
Maudlin → adjective: Overly sentimental; too much sentiment for effect.
Moiety → verb: To soften, make milder; to moderate. (assuage, allay, extenuate, palliate)