5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: One who hates or mistrusts or is cynical of humankind.
- b noun: A part, portion, or share.
- c adjective: Guilty; responsible for wrongdoing.
- d adjective: Caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuits of unreachable goals.
- e adjective: Troublesome; boisterous; unruly. (Churlish, tumultuous, fractious)
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To soften, make milder; to moderate. (assuage, allay, extenuate, palliate)
- adjective: Operating or proceeding in an inconspicuous or seemingly harmless way but actually with grave effect.
- adjective: Belonging to a particular area.
- verb: To confuse; obscure; to be difficult to perceive or understand.
- noun: A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.
5 True/False questions
Maudlin → adjective: Overly sentimental; too much sentiment for effect.
Extol → verb: To praise highly. (exalt, glorify)
Insentient → adjective: Insulting and arrogant. (imperious, impertinent, impudent)
Ribald → verb: To praise highly. (exalt, glorify)
Coercion → noun: A model or pattern of excellence or perfection; an archetype.