5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Occurring daily; commonplace. (banal, diurnal)
- b noun: A part, portion, or share.
- c verb: To soften, make milder; to moderate. (assuage, allay, extenuate, palliate)
- d adjective: Caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuits of unreachable goals.
- e adjective: Neither genuine, authentic, nor true;
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To submit utterly and completely. (acquiesce).
- adjective: Belonging to a particular area.
- noun: Honesty or expression.
- noun: One who hates or mistrusts or is cynical of humankind.
- noun: A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.
5 True/False questions
Reconnoiter → noun: One who tells stories and anecdotes with skill and wit.
Obstreperous → adjective: Troublesome; boisterous; unruly. (Churlish, tumultuous, fractious)
Insidious → adjective: Operating or proceeding in an inconspicuous or seemingly harmless way but actually with grave effect.
Amortize → verb: to pay off or liquidate.
Culpable → adjective: Guilty; responsible for wrongdoing.