5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What kind of water would we NOT see in open loop cooling?
- Zirconium based allows (zircalloys) are used in?
- Maintain pH by adding ? into the primary system and ? into the secondary
- Periodic Table - Alkali Metals
- Boiling in a PWR happens where?
- a Steam Generators
- b First column elements tend to give up their one extra electron
- c fuel cladding
- d Lithium hydroxide, amine
- e Demineralized water
5 Multiple choice questions
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Reduction in power
- Clogging fliters/pipes, fouling of heat exchagners, higher rad levels, accumulation of sludge in SG's, corrosion
- steel containing chromium that makes it resistant to corrosion
- Motsly 2 but sometimes a third (tritium)
5 True/False questions
Pitting → Liquid
Tritium is significant because? → Core
Nickel based alloys (niconels) are used in? → steam generator tubing
Solute → Material being dissolved
CRUD Cycle Order → Electrochemical attack on a small area of metal in a crack or crevice