5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bernardo de Galvez
- Articles of confederation
- James Armistead
- common sense
- a the first plan of government for the United States. It created a very weak national government. The states had all the power. Each state had only 1 vote. 9/13 had to pass any law, congress could not control trade, make taxes, or have an army
- b governor of spanish louisiana, helped the Americans during the revolution by protecting New Orleans from the British and allowed the Americans to use the Mississippi river to ship supplies, once spain declared war on Britian, he helped capture a number of british towns
- c A pamphlet written by Thomas Paine in 1776 to convince the colonists that it was time to become independent.
- d British soldiers who fought against the colonists in the American Revolution; so called because of their bright red uniforms.
- e a slave from Virginia who was a spy for General Washington
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- was called Molly Pitcher because she carried fresh water to the soldiers, when her husband was injured she took his place loading the cannons
- Savannah was Britian's first target in the south. The British won the battle
- british general during the revolution
- a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
- in the middle of winter when most soldiers were freezing and many had abandoned the american army and gone home, Washington planned a surprise attack on the Hessians in Trenton, New Jersey. On Christmas night patriot soldiers left their camp and attacked the Hessians, after only an hour the Hessians surrendered. This kept more soldiers from abandoning the Army and gave them hope the war could be won
5 True/False Questions
Hessians → British soldiers who fought against the colonists in the American Revolution; so called because of their bright red uniforms.
Declaration of Independence → This document was adopted by the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. It established the 13 colonies as independent states, free from rule by Great Britain. Thomas Jefferson wrote the majority of this document.
Cowpens → mercenaries(hired soldiers) from Germany who fought for the British during the American Revolution
Tadeusz Kosciuszko → traveled from the country of Poland to fight with the Americans during the revolution he designed the American Fort at West Point
continental army → one of 5 African-Americans who fought at the battle of Concord, also fought at Bunker Hill