5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- the battle of bunker hill
- the battle of saratoga
- Sybil Ludington
- george washington
- a The first major battle of the American Revolution took place in 1775.The British eventually won beacause the colonist ran out of bullets. Really occured at Breed's Hill, showed the Americans were determined and would not be easily defeated
- b really 2 battle that happened over 3 weeks, first major battle the British lost was a turning point in the war, because it finally looked like the Americans could win.
- c in south carolina, proved the Americans could defeat the British in the South
- d rode more than 40 miles to warn Americans of a British Attack
- e Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- one of 5 African-Americans who fought at the battle of Concord, also fought at Bunker Hill
- British soldiers who fought against the colonists in the American Revolution; so called because of their bright red uniforms.
- pretended to be a man and dressed in men's clothes so that she could fight in the American Revolition
- This document was adopted by the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. It established the 13 colonies as independent states, free from rule by Great Britain. Thomas Jefferson wrote the majority of this document.
- british general during the revolution
5 True/False Questions
Nathanael Greene → a teacher who was an American spy during the revolution, was captured and hanged by the British, said "I regret that I have but 1 life to lose for my country."
Battle of Long Island → The first major battle of the American Revolution took place in 1775.The British eventually won beacause the colonist ran out of bullets. Really occured at Breed's Hill, showed the Americans were determined and would not be easily defeated
King George III → king of england at the time of the American Revolution
crossing the delaware river → a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
Thomas Paine → british general during the revolution